B&B August 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I feel like ever since Taylor returned last year that Steffy has had no use for Hope (I still feel like she barely tolerated her most of the time)  she could have at least thanked Hope for holding vigil for her when she was shot and maybe even apologized and thanked Brooke for sticking up to her and Finn against Sheila, but none of that matters as long as her precious family is reunited…..

• Members

Exactly! Steffy seems to have forgotten that the reason she even went to confront Sheila, which ended up with her and Finn being shot, was that she had found out that Sheila had targeted Brooke for doing what Steffy wanted: fighting Sheila's attempts to ingratiate herself into their lives. Quite the opposite from what Steffy's own mother did....

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Yeah, it’s like Steffy might as well forgive Sheila for shooting her and Finn and making her family “stronger then ever”  I would have had no problem with Steffy being pissed at Taylor for even allowing Sheila to step foot into their lives, but she’s a “ world renowned psychiatrist” who knows what’s she’s doing 

• Members

I honestly don't know how you've come to this conclusion. Noone has said anything about Steffy being responsible for Sheila's actions, and I don't think anyone has ever believed that either. What is being said however is that Steffy, in her rants about Brooke and her attitude that Brooke is lower than the dirt under her shoes, fails to acknowledge that Brooke actually stood up for her against Sheila, unlike Steffy's own mother, and paid a price for that. Certainly not as severe a price as Steffy and Finn did, but still..... And now Steffy is using that in her attempts to get mommy and daddy back together, so that they can be a family. I would have thought that Steffy's first priorities now would be to spend some time with her own husband, you know the one she almost lost, and heal their family. Instead she's already on the warpath against Brooke and Hope, trying to get Ridge to leave Brooke and reunite with Taylor, and encouraging Thomas to take Douglas away from Hope, even though she knows that Thomas knew about Sheila messing with Brooke's sobriety and kept quiet about. That, coupled with his history, would make most people question if he's really ready to be a responsible parent. But Steffy ignores all that, because she sees everything like a battle between the Forresters and the Logans.

• Members

Yes to all of this! 

it’s sad something changed course again because it looked like Deacon and Taylor were suppose to be a thing. I’d rather they kept with that and have Hope and Taylor form a stronger bond, and encouraging her father to be happy with Taylor. Then Steffy is more supportive of Brooke, since she stuck up for her and Finn, and is pissed at Taylor. 

• Members

Just now catching up on the past two weeks...

The toe in a petri dish? And then everyone having a photo of the toe on their phones and waving it around? While telling bad puns?

My thoughts on the writing of the show right about now (to quote Emily Dickinson):

"It dropped so low in my regard
I heard it hit the ground"

• Members

What's perplexing is why B&B is painting Sheila into a corner. Taylor got a pass for shooting $B, Quinn and Thomas committed many crimes, etc. It'd be more logical for Sheila to get off on a legal technicality than this new direction. What's the real endgame here?

I mean, really, soaps are populated with characters that have committed far worse crimes and continue to roam freely. B&B needs a baddy to stir things up. Thomas ain't up to it.  Steffy has been declawed.  Deacon has been neutered. If Jennifer Gareis was playing Grace (Y&R), instead of dumb blonde-Donna, she could do it. $B is pretty isolated at the moment.

• Members

Sheila is not a "gray" character who sometimes does bad stuff.  She is a sociopath!
1980s Sheila was pure evil and I've never forgiven her.
I guess if a viewer had seen only recent years, her evil might *seem* diluted to the viewer. But that's Brad Bell's fault if she comes off as a "diluted baddie" or a "gray character" to current viewers.

She's a sociopath!  She does not have any empathy for anyone.  Period.