General Hospital: August 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The thing about RH is he was only really good at playing Todd.  He's not an awful actor or anything, but it was a lightning in a bottle character/situation.  Pair that with the facts that he's now played 3 characters on the show with almost no wait in between and the overall fatigue of the audience over him playing multiple roles-it's not going to work.  Cut your losses GH and bring back some people we actually want to see.  FV can always bring Austin/RH back in a few years if he has to, but give the audience a break.

• Members

I think Cam and Joss work very well as a couple.   BUT Joss's Carly-lite act will definitely get to Cam who I don't think will put up with it.

Also I am getting college schedule conflict vibes with Will Lipton(Cam) like I did when Sidney Mikayla (ex-Trina) became noticeably absent in scenes that should've included Trina. I'd hate to lose Will Lipton, but I think we might. IF we do, how about Tristan Lake Leabu (ex-Reed Hellstrom, Y&R), he's 22 but looks younger and also sings. 

• Members

Tristan Lake Leabu? He seems focused on his music career, per his instagram account.

Here's what he looked like in June
https://www.instagram.com/p/CfQwzX-DDid/

July 21
https://www.instagram.com/p/CgR6NseFTlk/

And he seems to be trying to avoid that young look now. Here's what he looks like in his instagram of August 13:
https://www.instagram.com/p/ChNHo6Krlbh

Edited by janea4old

• Members

And again (although Tabyana Ali is better than her predecessor): This is why you sign actors to contracts, don't just let them float around and coast on vibes and let stans on soap twitter act like magically nobody will leave.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I enjoyed today's show. I'm glad that Oz was able to testify as a witness for Trina's defense. It was nice seeing the charges dropped against her and how everyone was excited for her when Oz testified and she was able to go free. I like this picture.

I do wonder what will happen between her and Spencer tomorrow. He definitely is looking/acting like he's in love with her, but I believe they will be interrupted again in some way. Trina will continue to bond with Rory (which I like), though I want to see more movement for her and Spencer as well in this triangle.

I also wonder about Dex. I wondered at first if he had actually intimidated the jury foreman into bringing in a guilty verdict for Trina. As a way to sabotage Sonny. But it looks like he may have indeed tried to convince the foreman to bring back a not guilty verdict for Trina to impress Sonny and gain his trust for the time being. (And then may possibly sabotage him later on Michael's behalf). I do wonder about Dex's background and what has Sonny so angry about it, (after he talked with Brick and found out new information).

I also think that Willow may stall telling Michael about her having leukemia for the time being, though she definitely needs to tell him. 

And I do wonder what will happen now that Victor is involved in Ava/Nikolas's predicament regarding Esme. I do think that Esme will show back up at some point. 

• Members

I missed all of July. Doesn't feel like it was even necessary to catch-up.

The lack of Chase is glaring. Saw a post on Twitter he should be breaking backs all around and I agree.

Liz is being wasted as usual. She had anxiety and a pill addiction? For a month?

Cameron and Josslyn seem ... not long for this world. Dex is cute. 

I liked today's episode. Love Trina being cleared and the actress has chemistry with Spencer/Rory so it could be a good triangle.

Seriously, Sonny and Nina just had their FIRST date?

MacMullen has grown a lot as Willow (will she croak?). Britt/Terry sightings is nice. Wiley is SUCH a child of the corn, another post on social media I saw that I agree with.

Not sure I see any chemistry between Drew/Carly but I still miss AJ. Not Jason. Not sorry about it. Carly feels so neutered.

The show has like 6,000 castmembers ....

I like nuJordan. Third time's the charm?

Always nice to see Tristan Rogers and Charles Shaughnessy (Victor feels like Shane and Drew Donovan had a triplet).

Edited by KMan101