General Hospital: August 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Neither have been treated with any semblance of respect for years.  Usually when KS tweets negatively, he ends up being used more often. Just over a year ago it was "Filmed my last scenes" and then he was on, searching for Liesl and curmudgeon-ing about like it was nothing. 

#firefrank mistreats most of the beloved actors/actresses in favor of his pets. I wonder what his latest thing is, maybe dumping Trish Ramish? LOL not seriously, but his handling of the actors the long term viewers like has been trash since he started.

• Members

I've seen comments about GH and vets in a few other places, though. Usually I see stuff here, but several other locations I poke around in have had similar comments.

This could also just be about how actors on other shows (<cough> Y&R <coughs>) honor a 40 year mark with a standalone episode or quick storyline.  Getting socked in the face by one of Frank's pets could also have a bit to do with the drama.

• Members

I really don't even see the point in, as social media calls him, TruckNuts, being Dominique's. Katherine's son makes way more sense to me and would give MAC something to do (as I said before, giving him a son would be a great move). But whatever. 

They probably pair him with Maxie as her and Austin just isn't working (Austin/Britt would have made more sense and Roger/Kelly worked well together). Still, there's little point to Austin, IMO (especially with no AJ or Jason to play off of, and Monica barely on). Especially when they could have brought on Tom or Steven Lars. 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Giving Mac a kid is an obvious way to go. The unknown backstory there is more than enough. The show potentially trying to magic up children for Felicia in the early '90s or Dominique and Scott out of nowhere, when they were all present enough that there is literally no available timespan possible for either of those things to have happened (unless Coby is Serena's twin or Ryan stole Felicia's eggs like Valentin or some gross shít), is ridiculous.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Yeah, it would have easily worked for Mac to have a kid. We can't pretend some of these characters didn't do the nasty off-screen before their entrances and knocked someone up. Mac would fit that bill and give York something to do. And Maxie could hate on him. I have a harder time with all the women who hide these kids. But when we've seen them on-screen, it's harder to buy. Dominique never seemed like she would have given up a son but whatever. Katherine/Mac would be far more interesting, especially as we just had the parapet death for Esme and TruckNuts could hate Nikolas and the Cassadines. But that would require different writing.

• Members

The strangest thing happened in the Twitterverse tonight. Kin Shriner tweeted that after 45 yrs with the show he couldn't believe what had happened now, or couldn't believe what the show had done now, something to that effect.

And, Jackie Zeman tweeted a new pic of herself, Lesley Charleson, Kin Shriner & Genie Francis, around a table, smiling at the camera & her tweet said, again something to the effect of, that they had loved or enjoyed being there with all of us all these years & that they had had a good run.

Of course, we imagined the worst things possible! I don't know if we'll find out what that was about tomorrow or not. But, I hope it's nothing, just nothing at all. I could envision them being called in to give them bad news about the show. I very much hope not. It would be such a surprise to me that I'd have to label it shock.

• Members

Not everyone.

Please register in order to view this content

As someone that is behind on reading the board, some of us do not have a problem with a little repetition. And I'm sure the OP will let you know (usually jokingly) when you post something they posted.

So...you do you.