2022 Daytime Emmys Discussion Thread

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Here's an optimistic take for when a show attracted 300,000 less viewers than it did two years ago and only 2 out of 1000 viewers in the 18-39 demo watched it.

In the latest TV show ratings, CBS’ two-hour presentation of the 2022 Daytime Emmy Awards averaged 2.8 million total viewers, up 10 percent in audience from last year’s ceremony yet shy of the tally for 2019’s very virtual telecast (3.1 mil). In the demo, the Daytime Emmys matched last year’s 0.2 rating.

https://tvline.com/2022/06/25/tv-ratings-daytime-emmy-awards-cbs/

According to Wikipedia the 2012 show on HLN got approximately the same number of viewers at 2 million, 2002 got 10.1 million on CBS, 1992 got 20 million viewers on NBC.  So, some quick math tells me that is a 85% loss of viewers over 30 years. 

By contrast the Primetime Emmys have lost 60% of their audience over 30 years.  The Grammy's and Tony's are down 30%, but the annual numbers fluctuate widely.  And the Oscars are down 67% over the same time period.

Edited by j swift

• Members

It's easier said than done, depending on what your politics are and if they always linger on the back of your mind when you're watching an actor whose beliefs conflict with you own. For some, supporting an administration and a political ideology that they view as cancerous to the integrity of the nation is hard to overcome in someone, despite talent or that person playing a fictional character.

That said, I don't think politics cost Brown an Emmy - if that was the case, I don't think she would have been nominated in the first place and the Academy has awarded some with similar politics in the past. For whatever reason, GH actors submitted well in the Support categories this year, or had reels that were easier to digest for the voting panel.

Kimberlin has also never faired well with this particular award show. This was only her second nomination and her last was almost 30 years ago during her first stint on Y&R! She lost that year to Ellen Parker of GL, so competition was stiff and she likely didn't have a chance that year either. 

• Members

I would agree that I'm not sure how much of  a role politics plays. Soaps are arguably  the most conservative genre now on television, maybe aside from all those miserable Yellowstone shows some people keep trying to force on the public. Ingo Rademacher kept a job for years spewing all kinds of [!@#$%^&*] on Twitter until his complete irrelevance and aging did him in. Melissa Reeves is a mess and she still comes and goes from DAYS when she chooses.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

We shall rise - haters fall back!! Black is Kings and Queens…. 

Edited by Chrissy81730

• Members

I'm a nut for In Memoriums. I have to see them. I love them. I try not to be a critic for once in my life. I don't think in my whole life I have ever seen one ended with a comic touch. They made an exception to the rule! They let Betty White make us laugh one more time. What a clever idea someone had!