2022 Daytime Emmys Discussion Thread

• Members

I watched and found it very unevenly produced.

The Bad

What amazes me is the producers do not make clip packages about various themes like they used to - that costs virtually nothing but adds so much to the feel of the show. The clip packages that were made, for each of the nominated shows for Best Drama Series, were absolutely awful. 

As well, the music used when each winner took to the stage was awful.

I was very disappointed for Aaron Spears to not win Supporting Actor. His scenes were very good. The same for Kimberlin Brown. I dislike her politics intensely, but her work stands on its own.

The Good

The Memoriam was easily the best they've ever done. Susan Lucci was class personified introducing the Memoriam. She looked beautiful and it was clear she felt the emotions very strongly given her recent loss. It was a nice touch for Helmut to be included. As I had said in his thread on this site, he was easily the most famous soap star's spouse...even a casual viewer of AMC knew who he was. I thought the choice of song was good, Michael Bolton's performance was good, and the photos for each remembrance were tasteful. 

The hosts, Kevin and Nischelle, did a good job in a thankless role, much better than Mario and Sheryl who'd done it poorly for years. 

Happy for John McCook's win. 

John Aniston's lifetime achievement award tribute was also nicely done. Given he is only appearing on DAYS while seated, I wasn't all that surprised he wasn't there to accept it. Suzanne Rogers did a very gracious job paying tribute to him.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

May we discuss the looks at the Daytime Emmys?

I get that it is a difficult event to dress for because it is literally the bottom of the barrel of televised award shows, and it was at the Pasadena Civic, which is around two steps up from your average high school auditorium.  However the range of looks is what blew my mind.

On the one hand we have Camilla Banus in an enormous ball gown

Please register in order to view this content

which I am guessing was chosen because she was presenting

Then, we get Carson Boatman in mismatched jacket and pants, no tie, and a shirt whose sole purpose was to distract us from Brandon Barash's hairline.  Also, does RSW get a headache from constantly squinting in photos?

Lucas Adams, dude I know you are out of work, but what is up with the unaltered pink jacket and matching sneakers?

I mean Naomi Matshuda may have just lost her job, but she understood the assignment

Daytime Emmy Awards: 2022 Fashions — Red-Carpet Photos From the Emmys |  Soaps.com

While the recently unemployed Marci Miller may have saved some coins by tossing on a tablecloth from The Salem Grill (pro tip: when looking for new jobs in Hollywood try not to dress as if you are the old lady from Titanic).

And, of course Deidre Hall looks amazing, but I swear she's been wearing the same suit in different colors and fabrics since 1992 (if ain't broke, don't fix it)

Ditto Nancy Lee Grahn, I appreciate the political statement, but she's been wearing the same haircut and color since Santa Barbara in 1987

This train says "I'm here to pick up an award please", but I have no idea how you get it into a car

She meant this to be see-thru, right?

But I don't know if she knew this was so transparent

Lastly, Melody found a great place to stash her tickets to the event, but as Madonna knows, you can't botox the hands, so you probably shouldn't draw attention to them by carrying a huge red clutch

Edited by j swift

• Members

I was wondering if Carson attended. He looks awful. 

Brandon Barash needs a new hair style.

RSW doing he's I'm bad a$$ hot and great actor pose. 

Maybe that's why Lucas Adams was pissed most of the night because he couldn't afford to dress well. It all went to his upcoming wedding.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I can’t believe how mean this forum is - to call this the bottom of the barrel awards - that is rude - these actors are on major networks - with millions of viewers - coming out of a pandemic - if you are not a fan why are you here.. just being hateful - they are millionaires and sag carrying actors - y’all complained when it was online - now it’s back on a network - and you still complain … disgusting - get a life …  pathetic … 

• Members

A lot of it is politics too, and I know Mishael is also very beloved by that cast and crew. In fact, I love that she took the time to include the production crew in her speech and a special callout to longtime Y&R makeup artist Patti Denney (who I believe Eileen Davidson also called out when she won for Y&R a few years back). 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

What are you ppl talking about - can she just enjoy her moment… you all sound insane.. if no other black woman wins - which by the way will or won’t  happen - it’s about more than that - just let this moment breathe . Jesus!!! It’s not that serious - it’s entertainment..