Y&R June 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

A little BTS update for Y&R.   Cait Fairbanks and Zach Tinker met back when Zach was playing Michael and Lauren's son Fen on Y&R.  The characters of Tessa and Fen both worked for Devon's music production company.

The actors Cait and Zach were in a relationship back in 2019.

It had seemed that they might have ended their romance around 2020 or 2021 because they weren't in each other's instagram posts much anymore. But I wasn't sure.  

Zach and Cait got vaccinated together in April 2021, but that could have been a work thing or a friend/buddy thing. 

But then I guessed they weren't still together because Zach mentioned offhand in an interview a while back (for DAYS or Beyond Salem or the Days Christmas movie, I forget which) that his "ex-girlfriend" was really into "true crime".  That must have been a reference to Cait --  Cait is a songwriter and she even recorded a song about her avid interest in true crime.  I suppose Zach could have had more than one ex with that interest, but it seemed unlikely.  I had bookmarked the interview but then lost my bookmarks.   Wasn't sure if I had remembered right. Didn't want to post unless I was sure.

Also I thought I had read that Cait mentioned offhand a reference to her "musician boyfriend", .... so that was another confirmation she's not with Zach anymore.  But I couldn't remember when she said that, and didn't want to post in case I was mistaken.

I just noticed Cait's instagram post of February 14, 2022 about her valentine which has a pic of her boyfriend. He's a musician (mostly drums) named Jay Randolph. 
https://www.instagram.com/jay__ru/
(They previously had a few pictures of each other on instagram since summer 2021 but no reference to romance.)  Jay now has a pic of her dated May 22, 2022 captioned "Me N' My Cait".

According to the Sept. 2020 issue of Modern Drummer magazine, Jay Randolph studied jazz drumming at the New School of Jazz and Contemporary Music in New York where he graduated in 2013.  He has played drums for "Weyes Blood" (aka Natalie Mering) on an album and he toured with Weyes Blood, too.  He has collaborated with musician Chris Cohen. The same Sept. 2020 article says he also drums with the ethereal art-pop band "Midnight Sister" in the Los Angeles area.

I mean I know this doesn't really matter at all -- because Cait's personal life is totally none of our business.  But I have noticed occasional SON posts referencing Zach Tinker dating Cait, and I wanted to clear it up that they aren't anymore.  I think they're still friends though.

Edited by janea4old

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Memo to Josh.

PLEASE stop with the ridiculous business stories eg Jabot buying Marchetti. You don'y need a business degree to know the whole thing is totally illogical.

In fact it's unnecessary. Why couldn't Summer and Kyle just return to GC, realizing they missed the US and their families?

As for the media stories...

A lot of this business stuff is just there to give these characters something to talk about. There are no employees , offices, meetings etc.

And maybe they should just relocate the show to New York to make it slightly credible.

• Members

I don't want to see rapist/victim relationships. Not ever.

They had Chelsea connecting with Nick this week, too, chatting at the park.  It seems they are trying to throw Chelsea at whomever to see what will stick.    Sigh.

I don't want her with either Billy or Nick but ... 
Never Billy.   She raped him.  I won't forget that.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Ya I mentioned something a few weeks ago when Summer brought up Marchetti’s woes how unbelievable that story was. It would have been easier to say Summer was tired of working for Angelina despite the experience and wanted to go back to a family business. As for Kyle it could be easily said he has new ideas for new Jabot and wants to come to home test them out and work with Jack hand in hand with it. 

Instead, a famous glamorous premiere fashion of Milan gets moved to….Genoa City Wisconsin….? LMAO WTH? Even moving like that to say Chicago would be a bit of a stretch lol. 

Er a no here as well. Billy just got engaged with Lily and isn’t over Victoria yet. Not to mention they have been clearly testing out Kyle & Chelsea too as of late lol.

Chelsea should have died with Rey. 

• Members

That Lauren and Michael scene looked pretty cringeworthy and silly….let me guess Michael ends up having a heart attack having sex with Lauren?

Please register in order to view this content

Wouldn’t be a first for Lauren…

Thanks for sharing that!! I remember CBS’ “Get it On” campaign was widely criticized back in 2002 for some racy ATWT and GL ads, but here we are 20 years later and I’m wondering what the fuss was all about now. Maybe @kalbir or @DRW50 remember why  lol?

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

@soapfan770 I'd have to look through old magazine scans, but if there were any criticisms they may have been along the lines of the reasons that the "sexy men of CBS Daytime" promos from the mid '90s were - pushing a narrative that trivializes soaps and makes them into a flesh feast. 

• Members

I really liked the party too. I wish the announcment was something bigger than PODCASTS!!!. But I guess the point was Nate taking charge. I like them making him sorta power hungry. 

Just sucks that this should have happened in 2020 when the cheating came out not two years later.
Same with Imani, she's great but she started flirting with Nate last year lol