Y&R June 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Next week SOD: Imani plots to keep Elena at bay. Nate wants Elena to join Chancellor Winters to do a medical podcast and Imani is not happy. He asks Imani to extricate Elena from her Newman media contract while Elena is away. Josh says given who Imani is she would be a fool to not try something while Elenas away.

Victoria's company is called Destiny media. She tells Ashland she desposited 250 million and needs him to do the same. This also the amount he has left from Victors pay off. Josh doesn't say why but this is very significant. )The Article even said Griffith winked when saying this, LOL) She acts all smiley and happy until he leaves and her smile fades.  Josh says she's on a misson and has a specific game plan.

Edited by Dylan

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

6-23: 

Again Diane, Summer, and Imani were the driving force for the show today. 

I loved the pivotal moment when Imani overheard Elena talking on the phone about going to be gone for a week as the wheels clearly were spinning in Imani’s head.

Allison Lanier as Summer has been such a breath of fresh air and I like the more mature edgier take she has as Summer. It’s interesting to see Lanier hold her own against Stafford. Just as Summer was unamused and unimpressed with Phyllis, I get the feeling Lanier is completely unphased by Stafford’s ramping up her acting tics. It really does make it look like Phyllis is the batshit crazy one here.

Phyllis and Michael scenes were hilarious though. 

I don’t think either Get it On or Hot Enough For You were bad campaigns overall, just maybe a couple had a few cringeworthy moments that got overblown looking back.

Hot Enough For You I think was fairly successful as it also came at a time when Y&R, B&B, and ATWT were on a creative and ratings upswing as the three rounded out the top 3 soaps in the Nielsen ratings that summer. Other than the lousy GL performance I was neutral on the song. I don’t think the singer ever enjoyed the same success his sister got though. 

• Members

Same it’s a shame they haven’t fleshed out the Benedict family more…I mean have we even seen Naya’s husband/Imani’s dad? I really don’t remember now except maybe once..? Yeesh. I feel like there could be at least another Benedict sibling. 

Yawn. Predictable. FF material. I think a revenge story could work, with Ashland having Diane by his side but Victoria would need an equally strong male partner to fit the bill, something the show doesn’t have to offer at the moment.