Y&R June 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yes. It’s nice to see this side of Phyllis again as MS hasn’t played this side of her in years. 

There was something a while back about Heinle and Luckinbill doing something together for Easter…? I had thought they had divorced but apparently they have not. Who knows. 

I’m not sure what happened to Graz. The show use to bend over backwards for him work around his movie filming schedule and when he seemed to get recurring primetime gigs, but it seemed like the moment he finally left for bigger things, those bigger things just didn’t materialize anymore. I remember he did pop in a couple times to visit GT Phyllis and it was just surreal. 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh ok. I found it weird that they had split, then they started working together on Y&R in a heavy domestic violence story.

Just checked Graz’s Instagram. He’s on Amazon’s David E. Kelley series The Lincoln Lawyer in a recurring role.

• Members

Thanks for the Graz update. Lol as for Heinle one may also have to wonder how she felt about her other ex Michael Weatherly being, well until recently,  employed as a leading primetime star for the same network. 

Having Walters back in and become the show’s thunder has at the very least caused MS to step up a little. It’s sad because I clearly remember her absolutely fantastic during the pool house fire mystery and the fact Phyllis saw Kyle as her replacement for Daniel, so I like the sudden rage, but…MS still does a lot of scenery chewing and her pronunciations just don’t sound right.  

• Members

6-1

You know what? At this point, I'm going to need Ashland to lash out now that Kyle and Summer (and Victor) did the restraining order on him and he can't see Harrison. That is the only real father he has known and it just played wrong for me. 

Diane is playing Phyllis like a fiddle and I'm here for it. That Diane smirk when Phyllis lost it in time for Jack to hear her was a thing of beauty. She doesn't have to do a thing really. Phyllis will always be her own worst enemy.

Yeaaah Elena's dream was funny. But...given how her and Nate got together...she should be worried. 

• Members

It’s really masterful how easily Diane is playing Phyllis. Walters is so good when Diane doesn’t have to just listen to people berate her. She’s brought so much life to the show, I’m really bored on the episodes she’s not on.

• Members

Yeah now that Diane got her foot in the door and have people that audience care about giving her a chance (LOVE the recent scene of her and Tracy of all people bonding as well as talking to Allie about Abbott life), SW has been playing Diane as remorseful, but make no mistake not a pushover, channeling so much old school Diane for me. And her needling Phyllis shows so much THAT Diane. Even her catfight with Nikki before Nikki and Victora went on their trip was so much an AD Diane moment for me. I LIVE!!

• Members

Oh definitely I enjoyed NuSummer and Sally finally encountering each other that was fun! 

What was not fun is the foreshadowing prospect of Kyle/Chelsea. What is that, a 3rd close encounter now? Don’t Kyle and Summer have enough drama going on without a very unnecessary character make a very unnecessary intervention in their lives? I’d bring back a recast Theo. 

Jack & Diane’s brief scenes were more fun and watchable than anything Newman related.