Y&R June 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

1) The congressional hearings are pretty significant, but really should be on CBSN exclusive instead. With the news competition being so tight these days I think CBS would be fine to air regular programming on its main network. 

And

2) CBS/Paramount+ needs to  follow what NBC/Peacock does and goes ahead to release the same day episode via streaming and/or late night rebroadcast. Heck with it being summer reruns just show it in primetime lol. 

It’s 2022 yet CBS is the one network that insists like it’s still like 1982. Maybe it’s catering to the 55+ demos LOL, but it does get obnoxious, especially since CBS had been airing soccer matches pre-emptying the soaps in large swathes of the country that apparently got extremely abysmal ratings. 

• Members

I agree. That was better, but….

That crowd for the launch IN THE HOTEL LOBBY??? I realize the set was extended a bit, but they’re still in the lobby. Awful.

Speaking of awful, who dressed Nikki? That blue sparkly thing could not look more matronly. Jill looks so much better.

• Members

+1. Didn’t mean to diminish the hearings in anyway as they are significant and need to be held in full public view. My second option from that post is the most sensible really; news is important but I still need to escape to my happy place at the end of the day. 

The three of them were definitely the highlights of the last two episodes. I actually loved the scenes of where Imani met Jill just classic. 

The Jack & Diane scenes are a breath of fresh air as they were last week. LMAO at a very hypocritical Nikki on why “do people like Ashland and Diane” get forgiven. 

Having an actually large crowd of extras for launch party was a pleasant surprise and gave a more natural feel and noise for the scenes opposed to all the canned noise.