What major soap change/event would shock you if it happened this year?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What would surprise me? 

Y&R : Mary Jo returning amid all this Keemo and Diane history re-hash. 

-Heather Tom returning as Victoria since they undid the Phyliss recast

-Drucilla returning since CBS seems to be bringing back blasts from the past

-Sheila crossing over and facing Lauren again since she's run her course over supposedly killing Finn on B&B

DAYS getting cancelled 

B&B

- Susan Flannery making a guest appearance as Stephanie's ghost

• Members

If Days would get cancelled it it’s not possible coz it was renewed until 2023. Not that I want Days gone but that show just stinks right now!

if Anthony Geary would return to GH again!

Ron finally getting fired from the soap world. I never hated a guy as much as him. He was crap on Oltl and he was even worse on GH. But he outdone himself on Days to become even worse than before. Just kill his career already ffs

• Members

Not saying Ron is great, but who would be a good replacement.  Y&R also needs a new writer like yesterday.  The two shows should just swap HWs

Please register in order to view this content

I'm still surprised they never thought of revisiting the Mary Jo plot or give her a grown kid to stir up stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

@Dylan & @DramatistDreamer

My thought was not based on the platform but the sponsorship.  Scroll through tiktok, youtube, and instagram and a huge proportion of the content is sponsored by direct-to-consumer brands.  Given that daytime dramas were built on their ability to sell cleaning products, it stands to reason that some company would seek to use the same model to produce long form daily content.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose, but after all of these failed talk shows, perhaps there will be space for new creative opportunities.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I would still love a new soap. Even if it's an amalgam of OLTL and AMC. I'm a die hard soap fan, so I would be into it. I mean with what they're paying everyone at The Today Show for all 12 hours, they could probably produce at least 3!

• 2 weeks later...