What major soap change/event would shock you if it happened this year?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hmmm. The Bold and Beautiful one still reads like the event is most likely to occur at some given point, so viewers should just hold on to their patient panties. If DAYS decides to bring back Dena Higley, I'll be shocked and say peace out. Why I watch DAYS now is worth getting a psychiatric evaluation, but secretly, I get so geeked out watching a train wreck. But Dena? No. Hell no. I'm not going through that mess a third time. They always say that three times a charm, but don't give into it.

I don't watch GH so I wouldn't care about any of that. Y&R? Don't watch. Streaming seems to be how we're evolving instead of watching television shows 'LIVE'. Society likes things at their own leisure and cable companies know that. HBOMax, Hulu, Paramount + have also changed their game recently going against up Goliath Netflix. 

Hmmm. Hulu/Disney+/ESPN/ABC is an all-in-one streaming haven on Hulu. I can see an AMC/OLTL reboot.

I would DIE if the last one were true. OMG. My mom and I were talking on the phone a couple of days ago, and she was telling me how much she loves watching old television shows that she grew up watching like Perry Mason. She laughed when I reminded her how much she loved Michael Zaslow (ex-Roger Thorpe; GL). Seriously. She crushed on him so hard it was pathetic but fun to witness in person. 

To wrap it up, I think:

• A new headwriter at DAYS will more than likely happen. I don't know if that Twitter outburst of Ron's did any damage, so I can't say. Would it shock me? No. If they brought back Dena Higley? Yes.
  • An AMC/OLTL reboot could possibly happen.
  • ATWT/GL on third party streaming service would more than likely not happen even though this would shock the hell out of me plus infinity.
  • The B&B, GH, or Y&R ones don't really read as having a profound effect, but that's just me.
Edited by Noel

• Members

Oh, really? I was just going by the options given and went with the flow. I don't know why I'm leaning more towards the DAYS speculation, but even I read that Twitter outburst and just found the whole thing stupid and completely unnecessary. Yeah, I get that ONE BOSS signs his checks. Duh. That's a no-brainer. But, viewers always have their say in the end. They always do. My advice to Ron is to write it, roll it, and stick it in his ear. I don't mean that in a bad way either. But, if Dena Higley came back? Oh my God. Since Ken Corday seems to act like Victor Kiriakis these days by throwing Titan to anyone who has a pulse, maybe Ken's throwing the headwriter bone to David Kreizman instead. 

Please register in order to view this content

No, the GL/ATWT streaming one would rock my world for sure. No, my family knows I love my Guiding Light. It broke my heart when I heard about it on March 31, 2009. But, when I saw the character of Daisy talking to someone next to a port-o-potty, I knew it was time to pull the plug.

• Members

I would be shocked if Y&R doesn't get a new EP and HW (one can only hope with some minor changes / the Athletic Club is mentioned again / Diane's return / Imani gets some story / among others )

Days needs a new EP more than it needs a  new HW. 

• Members

The big three networks decide that all of their aged serials have run their course. All four soaps are cancelled and replaced with new serials. Some use veteran actors but most use new talent, in front of the camera and behind the camera.

Edited by ClassicsSoapFan

• Members

Y&R has been a snoozefest since JG took over.  If he wasn't replaced last year I don't see him being dropped anytime soon.  Sony/CBS satisfied with mediocrity as long as the ratings are ahead of the others.