DAYS: June 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Members
2 hours ago, AbcNbc247 said:

I would have had Shawn confess at the very beginning that he did sleep with Jan. Belle would then act like she's brushing it off, but deep down, she's actually very angry and upset about it. At the same time, she also feels guilty for feeling that way because it technically wasn't Shawn's fault. She keeps all that from Shawn, and everybody else, but eventually confides everything in EJ, allowing them to grow closer and finally have an affair. Idk if I'd have Jan move in with Shawn and Belle, but I definitely would not have given her all the control. 

Thank you. I am foursquare against all events that are the result of some poor guy not knowing who he is screwing but I'll make an exception this once. You keep writing Belle & Shawn & Jan's Spawn & I'll be back next week! The control that Shawn has just ceded to her is bizarre! Shall we call it ALTDays by 247?

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Shawn is giving his rapist a lot of control, but his wife just randomly asking for a legal separation is stupid. Plus she’s already knowingly making out with her sister’s ex husband, the sister that still believes this man had her kidnapped. 

There’s no way to spin it where Belle is even remotely close to right.

• Members
1 hour ago, Antoyne said:

but his wife just randomly asking for a legal separation is stupid.

What's random about it? To a lawyer I bet it sounds completely logical to protect one's self, execute the most appropriate legal document. After all she is vacating the premises.

• Members
Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2022 at 1:19 PM, victoria foxton said:

OMG. That set is so bad. I wanted to comment on it, but I've already made a comment on Paulina's set. No, this wallpaper makes me wish they made a cookie cutter print or something. No, seriously.  Like peanut butter cookies. 

Edited by Noel

• Members
On 6/3/2022 at 1:01 PM, Tonksadora said:

Okay. How would you have told it?

But you make it sound as if the Shawn and BElle story is being properly told. It isn’t. It’s above my pay grade to know the right way to tell it, but I know when we’re being fed trash.

• Members
1 hour ago, ranger1rg said:

But you make it sound as if the Shawn and BElle story is being properly told. It isn’t. It’s above my pay grade to know the right way to tell it, but I know when we’re being fed trash.

WHAT?! I don't know how you got that impression! I have certainly not defended it in any way. I think it's ABSURD that Shawn is giving this idiot as much power as he is & at the same time is being so stupid in his treatment of Belle who is supposed to be his beloved wife! For this to be credible Shawn has to be as dumb as a doorknob. It's as if he can't even see what Jan is doing. If Shawn has to be dumbed down so far to tell it's an epic failure if you ask me. l simply would not tell the story. Jan should be in prison & the baby should be put up for adoption. But, I would not tell any story that begins with some guy not knowing who he is screwing. They are patently absurd on the face of it. For Jan to be living in their house is a cheap shot set-up for dramatic tension. The writers are into these situations that would not happen, this one & before with Clive having to live with Ben & Ciara to be able to be out on parole. Never happen. Cheap shots.

• Members

1 hour ago, Toups said:

Finally caught up……is that the end of the Possession 2.0? The devil “died” when Tripp jumped out the window?  Did I miss something? 

Group performance of exorcism, Tripp taunts the devil to come into him, flies out the window & hits the ground, & is rushed to the hospital. I expect that the devil is dead, there on the ground. We have more action.

• Members
19 hours ago, Toups said:

Finally caught up……is that the end of the Possession 2.0? The devil “died” when Tripp jumped out the window?  Did I miss something? 

I took that to mean that because the host body "died", the demon couldn't stay in it anymore, just like The Exorcist

• Members
2 hours ago, AbcNbc247 said:

I took that to mean that because the host body "died", the demon couldn't stay in it anymore, just like The Exorcist

I took it to mean the same thing.  Even though Tripp didn't die instantly and you would assume the Devil had time to switch bodies, but whatever.  I was glad it was over.

• Members
1 hour ago, Toups said:

Agreed. It was a lackluster ending and I’m happy the story is over……it’s over, right? lol

I think it's over, but now, you're making me scared! I think we're supposed to come out of it uplifted ... a righteous sacrifice, an angelic bearing, people having gone from the depths of weeping to happiness, and, of course, it's a soap miracle, so Tripp isn't even maimed!

• Members

There’s so much chemistry between Tripp and Chanel. I wish that this quad was going to be explored more. 

And Will is such a great big brother. Allie is really lucky to have him.

All in all, even though not much happened, this was still an enjoyable episode. Pretty much every kind of chemistry was on display today and I was impressed.

• Errol pinned this topic
  • Toups unpinned this topic