DAYS: June 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Members

Same. @Tonksadora provided a great recap of it all (although I could've watched it on Peacock again, but I won't waste my energy) on another thread. Honestly, I forgot what happened. I just remember Ciara looking like a Smurf, the dude with the waxed eyebrows pounding on Johnny, and Tripp bargain-begging with the devil or something to that effect. Then, the timer on my Echo device went off and I went into the kitchen to get something I made out of the oven. Yeah, I didn't even rewind the episode to see the outcome, lol! 

Please register in order to view this content

If Soap Opera Digest still covers the Best and Worst of Soaps at the end of the year, please, pretty please! Put Devil 2.0 or 2.75 as the worst storylines. Actually, tie it with the Shawn/Belle/Jan/Cheeseburgers storyline too. Well deserved.

I watched Monday's episode (6/6) and I'm curious about two or four things:

1) Were those boils on Billy Flynn's chest? I'm not sure because it looked like a circular cluster of something. I didn't know if it was acne, boils, or a rare skin condition that I'm not aware of.

2) What is Abigail's job title/position at The Reporter? Is she a journalist or a private investigator? Journalists receive assignments or evaluate leads or tips to develop story ideas while private investigators write reports or case summaries to document investigations. Maybe there's a complex relationship between the two and correlate with each other in a way?

3) What drug quickly "evaporates" in the bloodstream? The only drug I suspected was gamma-hydroxybutyric acid (GHB). It mostly comes in liquid form, but there are powder forms as well (not so common). Still though, that drug stays in the bloodstream for at least up to eight hours. 

The fourth one, I'll drop as it was more about me not understanding the purpose of Leo Stark breaking into the Dimera mansion. I didn't understand the intent. Could you imagine if the police were called? 

Rafe: "What were you doing while breaking inside the Dimera mansion?"

Leo: "I wasn't doing anything malicious! I just wanted to talk to a picture frame!"

ETA: Lucas Adams looks like a Thundercat with that makeup job.

Edited by Noel

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I thought it was a good episode as well.  I sort of understand Marlena being guilted into helping Jan.  I had to laugh at Belle saying John, of all people, favors Sami.  Sami would disagree.

I liked the mix of characters and the story today.  

• Members

Well, let's see. Jan seems to be mentioning it frequently and she even whopped down a juicy cheeseburger when Belle and E.J. came by to move her "office equipment" which I guess was done in private. I should know because Belle was wearing that ugly ass plaid shirt. Nothing is more distracting than tasteless clothes. Actually, the wardrobe at DAYS (if they have one) reminds me of Sears. Oh, and H&M. Shortly thereafter, Belle serves Shawn with swift divorce papers in that ugly ass plaid shirt. A couple of hours later (Tuesday's episode [6/7]), Shawn whips up a parfait concoction of spinach of feta cheese for Jan. Again, Jan starts blabbering about a juicy cheeseburger from the Brady Pub. I'm like, "Gurl! Enough already with all that." 

The scenes between Johnny, Chanel, and Allie reminded of a television dating game show to the point where I expected Wayne Brady, Howie Mandel, or Drew Carey to pop out and ask: "So, Chanel! Who do you choose? Is it going to be Johnny or is it going to be Allie? (looks directly at the camera) We'll find out an answer (suspenseful pause) right after a commercial break!" Then came that conversation about a basket fries and Johnny wanting his fries extra crispy. I swear to God, I was going to lose it if the subject of mayonnaise came out of anyone's mouth because you know what? We've already been there and done that. Seriously. However, as bad as the Devil 2.0 or 2.75 was, MarDevil, Belle, and Johnny seem to be the only ones with true remorse about it, lol! Okay, so maybe Allie did show some remorse in one episode, but afterwards, she acts all aloof to it telling Will, "Yeah, I heard I was a complete bitch to people."

I liked Jan Spears back in the day. Now, I don't care about her as she's too cartoonish for my taste. But, I do like how she kind of "sticks it" to people, especially MarDevil. I just can't seem to wrap my head around the hypocrisy of these characters. Like, I don't understand how Ben gets this "redeem card" while Jan's the one who gets the short end of the stick. That's right, Jan. Keep reminding those hypocrites of their signature shortcomings served Sunnyside up on a cheap Dixie paper plate. Shoot, I'm like that in real-life and I don't hold back either. 

Sarah seems to have a problem with Every. Effing. Thing. Has she ever been satisfied before in the past? I can't remember. Although Sarah's expertise is in the medical field, maybe she could be the perfect candidate to help redo Belle and Shawn's crib. I know I made a remark about the wall décor and I take back all the insulting things I've said. No, the wall décor does not look like cookie-cutter prints. Instead, this beautiful print reminds me of a print that you would see on the bottom of a homemade ashtray in Florida on a cardboard table, surrounded by several pieces of saltwater taffy.

Edited by Noel

• Members

Getting drunk on Yellowtail chardonnay will do that to people. Or, perhaps it was an excuse for her to take a shower and get out of that ugly ass plaid shirt. One or the other.

Edited by Noel

• Members

Ha! Ha!  That shirt was really ugly and Belle usually looks okay, so she may have been drunk when she put it on in the morning.  John also referred to Belle as Sami's baby sister which is technically true, but they have looked the same age since 2005.  Perhaps John's drunk as well.  I know we are supposed to be on Belle's side, but she's acting like EJ is the only person she can turn to when she has 2 brothers and her good buddy Chloe on the canvas as well.

I give Jan a pass on the cheeseburger stuff.  She was in jail or a coma for the last 20 plus years.  I'd want a lot of cheeseburgers if I was her as well.

• Members

I see that some of us are going to really enjoy today's show 

Shawn's a lot nicer than I would be lol and agreed about Jan. I always preferred her as the scheming, bitchy mean girl that was mean pretty much just to hide her vulnerabilities. Turning her into a full on psycho was a mistake in the long run.

• Members

Yeah, I just don't pay attention to her for the most part. I mean, why should I invest in such a crappy storyline anyway when she's just going to be around for like what? A month or two? Truthfully, hearing Martha Madison shout, "JAN (pause) SPEARS!" does make me cackle. Such a little drama queen and I live for it.

ETA: Wait. You just testified in front of us @AbcNbc247 that some of us are going to enjoy today's show. You just testified and I have you in a quote box! Johnny and Allie haven't had their extra crispy French fries yet. Is the word mayonnaise brought up into conversation?

Edited by Noel

• Members

While I could have did without Sonny dreaming about Will and Leo, it was nice to get a romantic episode for Sonny and Will. They were do for one. That's one thing I think DAYS does a good job with overall is giving couples romantic scenes and episodes for the fans.  This stint for Will felt shorter than the last one. Considering what's going to happen rest of this week and next, I would have thought they would have kept him around a bit longer, but I assume it didn't work with Chandler's schedule. 

• Members

Jan Spears, mistake in the long run, yep, I can buy that! But, here's what I want to know: Do we think that the budget is bad enough that they are (1) doing their own hair (2) doing their own makeup (3) wearing their own clothes? I don't mean being catty about the looks of the thing, that's fun  sure, but I mean do we really think they are scraping that much of the bottom of the barrel? I'm fascinated that the show does not have enough money to do things in a standard way & are making it up as they go along. The final years of GL were lessons in inventiveness when there wasn't enough money. Things make me think there's not enough money at DOOL today. Am I barking up an empty tree? How can we find out?