DAYS: June 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Members

Stephanie & JOEY! Great, thnx, that clears that up. I have thought for years that that kid's name was JJ. I completely missed that it's Joey.

I concur that back in the day Julie & Hope had a contentious relationship of half-sister & step-parent during a time I also think of Hope being a daddy's girl & Doug being lax on discipline. They've long since gotten past any of that old historical stuff but Julie does seem like a 'grand' to kids where she's not really but it hurts nobody.

Two nights ago someone posted about the Watergate pre-emptions & I posted that I think then my mother was furious that Addie was pregnant with Hope for something like 19 months & a group gathered while I told about Addie & Ben & Steven. Just a handful of people who never knew about Addie.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, I am not saying Hope/Julie don't have a loving or good relationship, but it never felt motherly in the way, say, Carrie/Marlena did-even though that's not an exact correlation.  Hope/Julie have always had an overall different vibe.  That being said, it would be weird to me to hear Ciara call Julie "Aunt Julie" instead of Grandma Julie simply because she's been married to her grandfather her entire life.  The same way Allie/Johnny call John "Grandpa" because he's been married to their grandmother basically their entire lives.  Anyway, I am still more curious how Ben/Ciara are going to sail around the world without any formal boating experience.  That's more of an issue than what Ciara calls Julie lol.

• Members

I totally think Ciara knows her way around a boat, but Ben would have to actually learn, take courses, get a license etc.  Shawn/Belle I could buy because Shawn D grew up on that boat and it was established he knew how to sail.  Sailing isn't easy and it's not going to be with a newborn, so best of luck to those two lol.  It's a soap so whatever, but could you imagine the actual planning it would take to sail around the world? 

• Members

Lucas is Bill Horton's son. Jennifer is Bill Horton's daughter. Lucas & Jennifer are half-siblings. Bill Horton has another son, Mike or Michael. Michael is Jennifer Rose's big brother while Lucas is her baby brother.

Nope. Not a bit of it.

Oh, it was. Hope was a spoiled brat. Doug was disinclined toward discipline. Julie was in the middle.

They weren't like siblings to each other. Julie was an adult before Hope was ever born!

It's easier now because Julie seems like a "grand" not an aunt, etc.

• Members

I know some people, or really knew since it was in the past, who did it, lived on a boat & went around the world several times & courted & married & had 3 children, 3 girls, while they were sailing around the world. Eventually they settled down back on dry land. I always found it amazing that they did it. It is beyond my imagination!

• Toups unpinned this topic