DAYS: June 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

There is no real point to make Evan the father of the baby unless perhaps it's somehow Belle's egg.  That would vaguely make sense in the overall Orpheus scheme to get revenge on John/Marlena I guess.

It would have been much more interesting if Evan wasn't "found" out and was just a regular member of society causing harm unbeknownst to most of the town like you said.  What's Evan going to do from jail?  Lol.  Break out for the 100th time?  JER could do arcs.  Ron just does plot points for shock.

• Members

Okay, I went to see June 13 DAYS transcript

https://www.tvmeg.com/index.php/2022/06/14/days-transcript-monday-june-13-2022/?fbclid=IwAR3Vj3n1weK_Nda8vRs1GYbGUxzDjSOW-LpNGGP_XFR8_rtEy176tg8pXqk

Chad comes in from seeing the MINIONS movie with their kids & finds Abby stabbed on the bed. She says a few things. She's alive. She says they had a knife. It's still June 13th when they get to the hospital & Chad's afraid they didn't get her pulse back. It's still June 13th when Kayla comes back in & says they did everything they could but they lost her.

• Members

I think you are replying to your own question that you asked on the Marci Miller interview thread, seeking clarification whether Abigail was stabbed on June 10 or June 13.  I replied to you there, but I'll reply here also:

Abby was discovered stabbed by Chad at the end of Friday June 10.  It wasn't in the June 10 transcript because it was a silent scene - the transcript page has only dialog but not descriptions.
However it is in the last sentence of the tvmeg "update" page for June 10. (They use the word "update" to mean "recap".)
https://www.tvmeg.com/index.php/2022/06/10/days-update-friday-june-10-2022/

The scene of Chad discovering Abigail was repeated at beginning of Monday June 13, and then things proceeded as you described reading in the June 13 transcript.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

True, but I'm kind of glad that they did that. I would much rather the drama come from Shawn/Belle/EJ then Shawn/Belle/Jan.

Jan, and Orpheus too for that matter, just need to go away. I still wish the show would do more with Evan though

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I actually like both Jan and Orpheus.  I think they are both good villians.  Honestly, like @te.stated, if they were allowed to scheme at a slow pace and snow people around town saying they've changed or what not without the OTT ridiculousness I think they both would be good.  It's probably way too late for Orpheus now, but I generally thought in 1986 he was a much scarier villian than Stefano going after RoJohn.  I wouldn't be sad if he left, but it's a shame a really good villian was ruined.

I think there is still hope for Jan.  If she layed off the obvious, cartoonish schemes against Shawn and Belle and integrated with people around town and perhaps entered a new romance she has a chance.  I like Jan and the actress.  Even if Shawn was the end goal if Jan had a few more layers I think she would work as a long term villian.

• Members

Welcome back, JJ! Looking forward to seeing him rip Gwen a new one. 

And yeah, I don’t get Belle. She was more than ready for sex but not ready to share the bed?

Please register in order to view this content

I feel like he serves no purpose, and I was never a big fan of this annual screwing around with the people of Salem stuff that he’s been doing. Like, what is his endgame? And of course, why doesn’t he target the real Roman?

I think the only way Jan could work would if she’s completely taken out of Shawn and Belle’s orbit. She’s need something different to do after 20 years.

• Members

I have asked this question for YEARS!!  He doesn't care about real Roman and he's the one who killed Orpheus's wife.  I don't think there has ever been an explanation and they seemed to have just added that to John's backstory.   It's probably too hard to explain.  I am not sure Orpheus's endgame.  He isn't a super villian.  His target was Roman and his family because of his wife's death.  He wasn't a crazy lunatic.  He was a good guy gone bad.  Even Stefano at his worst, most cartoonish had a specific goal or endgame for his plans even if it just was to destroy the Bradys/John or make Marlena his queen. . 

The whole Jan/Evan thing might be a round about way to screw with John/Marlena via their child, but it seems like a lot of work and planning to pull this whole scheme off when the only reaction is that a handful of people are a little bummed about it lol.  

Anyway, I actually do think Jan could work on the canvas without Shawn.  I would be willing to give HL a shot to do something else.  I mean, a serial killer is our leading man so......

I had to laugh at the dress Jack and Jen picked out.  A beautiful prarie maxi dress from Free People bought at Nordstrom Rack.  LITERALLY.  It is very Marci Miller's Abby though I guess.  I am just not sure that oversized piece of endless cloth would wow anyone let alone her husband.  The acting was much better for CM and MA today though.  JJ and Chad were good as well.

• Members

I get where you are coming from, but I genuinely do think Jan has potential.  She has years of history, an interesting backstory and trauma, a charismatic actress, and (until the last year) hasn't been played out.  There are a lot of things you could transition her into even if she never truly gets over Shawn.  Jan could be a real character if Ron put half as much work into her as he did Ben.  I am not saying we ignore Jan's crimes, but seeing her get over her obsession and move on wouldn't be the worst story for me.  They need to build up that Belle/Shawn/Chloe/Brady etc age group because the show has so much reliance on its older vets.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I love seeing Evan back but making him the father of Jan's baby....rolls eyes...

I keep forgetting why he's in prison yet Ben is walking free. Evan portrayed as a villain is totally wrong. 

Another character just being wasted.

Who writes this garbage?

I'm Evan Frears

I'm Jan Jan Spears

We rhythm!

Clearly we were made for each other

Great to see JJ again but not loving the facial hair. He and Chad should have sex!

Is Chad crying or laughing today while grieving Abby?

Jack lost his daughter and it looks like he doesn't give a damn.

EJ looked so yummy in bed.