DAYS: June 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Members

Well, when you write about your thoughts about different Salemites I think about what you say, just because I do, and consider them, often especially if they are different from my own impressions of the character. And, right now we couldn't be seeing Jan Spears with more different eyeballs! I'll give it the old college try. We are going to have to deal with her because she is now the mother of Shawn Christian Brady!

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

No worries.  I just still think Jan and Evan for that matter could be given more and have a chance to be more long term.  They could be a fun scheming new couple.  To me they aren't dead end characters like Ava or Clyde who got a second chance.

• Members

The only reason I want more for Ava is because TB is awesome and can do a lot.  My favorite Carly for sure.  

Clyde is whatever for me too.  I am intrigued by him and Nancy, but I would be fine with Nancy getting a nice love interest pretty much anywhere lol.

• Members

One thing about this show they don’t like children paternity to destroy their precious “Supercouples”. 

Zack was all of sudden Bo’s as well as Ciara. Colin Weston was quickly switch to Chad, and now this Shawn Christian baby being Orpheus’ grandson.

Please register in order to view this content

such lazy writing

• Members

Oh, I love Tamara! She is fabulous. Favorite Carly, hmm, tough proposition. I love the original Sarah Joy Brown & TB & now I adore LW's Carly. Oops, I forgot to pick a favorite! I realize there's another Carly. She is forgettable to me.

I would prefer for Nancy to find someone else! Maybe she will.

I keep having the actor Shawn Christian evoked by this new baby name & that throws me.

• Members

TB has always been my personal favorite Carly.  She had the best chemistry with MB and I liked her portrayal.  SJB is great too and LW has grown on me I guess.  I just think TB is capable of a lot more than cooking Italian food and losing her sh*t over stupid Rafe.

Very true.  Both Ciara and Zach could not physically be Bo's until they were and I don't think it's that big of a deal.  John/Marlena have multiple children by other people, but it seems women in particular on this show can't if they are part of a supercouple

• Members

Huge agreement that there's so much more that they can get out of Tamara! I don't want them to waste her! She's far too valuable!

Tripp's headed to Seattle where Stephanie & JJ are. Gabi sent the DiMera jet to fetch Theo & JJ from Rio (?) Is this a case of 2 JJs?

Edited by Tonksadora
JJ?

• Members

How is Lucas Abigail's uncle?

For me, my relationship with my sibling would take priority over my relationship with my spouse, so I always find it odd when Julie refers to Ciarra as her granddaughter. Did Julie take on a maternal role in Hope's life? I thought their relationship was actually pretty acrimonious back in the day? I would be very weirded out/damn livid if my sibling married my parent. How did this all play out back in the day and were there scenes where these characters "decided upon" the parameters of their positions as relatives to make it easier to understand for the children?

• Members

Yeah, he could've used a trim.

And don't worry about Chad, your guy's gonna be there for him next week 

Please register in order to view this content

She pretty much did when Hope was a little girl. At Doug and Julie's wedding, Alice even said "Now Hope will have two parents"

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Tripp's going to see Stephanie and Joey-his siblings.  Not JJ.

I always thought it was very clear when Hope was interacting with Doug/Julie that Julie was not her mother but her sister back in the day.  It's gotten slightly more maternal over the years, but I have always thought both Hope/Julie have made it obvious they don't consider themselves mother and daughter.  With the grandkids (Shawn/Ciara) I do think Julie has played more of a grandparent role especially by the time Ciara was born.  I don't think any parameters were set for the kids, but I do think Jason Cook's Shawn used to say Grandpa Doug and Julie (not Aunt Julie or Grandma Julie-just Julie lol) for a while and the relationship has just morphed into Grandma Julie because it's too hard to explain or doesn't matter anymore.  At the same time I don't think Ciara and Shawn are unaware that Julie is actual their mom's half sister.