DAYS: June 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Members

Glad I'm not the only one, lol! Sometimes I feel like when I express my opinion, it comes out wrong at times. It's just given the fact that I've seen a Lisa Rinna impersonator, a drag queen busting a wedding, men stripping down to whatever underwear they have on, Leo's sleazy ways that he stares men up and down, and Chad wanting to talk to Leo about Tina Turner while they were in bed, I really thought I was about to witness Leo asking Clyde if he wanted oral sex. I really did.

Edited by Noel

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I liked today's episode.  I liked Chad/John/Marlena and the kids.  I do think it's weird Jack and Jen aren't there, and John/Marlena are around instead, but the scenes themselves were quite nice.

The EJ/Belle/Sami/Lucas stuff was pretty good and I actually was shocked Nicole and Rafe got married so quickly.   All in all, decent episode.

@Noel Do we think Leo just writes down his revenge names on a page of his journal everyday?  I mean, it's got a lot of pages.  Maybe he wakes up everyday and re-writes them down to occupy time.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

@carolineg I just don't understand for the love of God why he's writing them down. It was only like 6 people and now 1 is dead so it's 5! Is it that difficult to memorize? I wonder if he writes daily inspirational quotes, lol! Live, laugh, LOVE! Be the BEST you! 

Edited by Noel

• Members

Doesn't it seem as if we don't get a lot of Gabi?  I'd be interested to see how many episodes she's appeared in June, compared to the prior year.

I'm neither a fan nor a detractor, but she was poised to be the leading lady.  I know she recently had a love scene with Li.  But, she and Jake are not a supercouple, she's not involved in the Abigail's murder (despite their history), and it doesn't look like she's going to a rebound for Chad. 

I wonder what's up?

Edited by j swift

• Members

I know!  And he looks at them daily in public-like can you forget 5 names?  I could understand if it was some Tony/Andre like manifesto where he explicitly stated why he hated John and how he was going to frame him for his own "suicide" in the world's most elaborate plot.  That was cool!   But this is just Leo staring at names

I think CB's airtime has been significantly decreased after her leaving/that contract dispute a few years ago.  I think CB bailed when less airtime was offered and then COVID hit and she took Days back up on the offer.  It's been a steady decline IMO for awhile now.  Even if the airdates she has had disagree with me-she really hasn't had much story.

• Members

The John/Marlena/Chad scenes were the best part of today’s episode. I always like when characters who don’t usually interact share scenes together, and it was nice to see both John and Marlena comforting Chad in their own ways.

I totally forgot that with this marriage, Nicole is now on Husband #7

And Belle was a real thirsty ho today. You could tell she was dying to get some EJ throughout all the scenes that Sami was there

• Members

I haven't watched today's episode, but I've been meaning to say that Belle is becoming a horny toad, and that's cool. There's no substance at all with EJ and Belle. Hey, if you need a f-buddy, I can understand that. If Belle or Ava need to have a good in time in bed, but it feels like the conversations they have with their f-buddies is like talking to a crockpot, then I get it totally. 

And Ava ... she's the one who's shackin' up in a sh!thole studio apartment with no other place to go. Mobster my ass.

Edited by Noel

• Members

I am annoyed they took the easy way out with this Shawn/Belle/Jan stuff.  It had potential for years worth of drama.  

Do Ciara or Ben really have any experience sailing?  I am sure Ciara is fine, but sailing isn't exactly the easiest thing to learn for Ben and they have a newborn lol.

I love how the show absolutely did not follow up on the Rafe/Nicole/Eric stuff, but did follow up the Belle/Sami/EJ/Lucas scenes.  The Sami et all stuff could have theoretically all happened a few hours or a few episodes later, but I guess Eric/Rafe/Nicole are just chatting in the hall while all this is happening lol. 

• Members

I genuinely don't get why they went with such a contrived set up to begin with if it was just going to end so soon. But on the other hand, I feel the same with a lot of the villains that Ron tends to cycle in and out of the show - why not actually give them some stability in the sense that they can keep torturing their victims on the long term instead of sending them to jail/coma for long stretches, then spend time trying to justify why characters would tolerate having them around only to wish-rinse-repeat?

The only thing I miss from JER is that he could write a long-term storyline that would end up in a real pay-off.