DAYS: June 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

The pacing is totally off. No proper built-up at all. Lucas just came back. A couple of episodes before the murder. Lucas being a suspect in his niece's murder. Doesn't set well with me. The story lacks any real logic. This murder mystery is going to be just as bad or worse than Charlie's murder.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Sarah's having hallucinations as a side effect.  She said she was having hallucinations of Kristen today.  So it's possible she went to see Abby and had some sort of hallucination or episode and killed her by mistake.

I think the fact Abigail is a legacy character born onscreen should pique more interest than Lani's new, abusive dad who we barely knew, but I don't know if the story will be any good.

Yeah, I think you all are right about it being the Salem Inn, but with all these re used sets I never know.

Agreed.  And the excuse is he's black out drunk.  I think most of us have done regrettable things while drunk, but it's a leap to suddenly become a violent murderer.  And someone so drunk would have a difficult time stabbing and killing a completely sober person as well.

• Members

LOL! I meant it in the sense that there's already one murder mystery that's a big ol' dud. So, why bring yet another murder if they have no desire to get the first one done? As aforementioned, Paulina and Co. haven't been around since May 18th. Yes, I get that Abigail is a legacy character, but I want to see more minority representation and the way they're writing Paulina, Abe, Eli, Lani is based on when it's convenient for the writers. I mean, unless this is a serial killer storyline, having two different murder storylines is hogwash. 

• Members

Ha ha!  You both said the same thing.  I know the Paulina/Lani murder storyline isn't over, but I don't consider it a mystery.  We know Lani killed him.  

Do we need two murder stories?  Probably not, but this is an actual who done it and I do think both stories are different. 

I mean, you both aren't wrong and I assume this story will be poorly done as well, but I consider Abigail's shocking murder a little more high stakes.  We knew Ray was a goner from the start lol.

The pacing on the show is a disaster but I think Abe/Paulina are on next week.

• Members

LOL! No coroner report so far. It's Beth who was crawling on floor wanting to seize her revenge! 

Please register in order to view this content

You're probably going to have to keep reminding me that this is a whodunit mystery because you know what? It felt nothing of the sorts, lol!  

• Members

These stories are always predictable so I'm guessing none of the immediate suspects will actually be the killer. It'll be someone random like Orpheus (since they love to bring him back all the time) or someone in a mask. Ron's stories never have consequences so I'm expecting it to be someone totally unimportant.

They really should've had more buildup to this murder. We had like 2 episodes of characters wanting revenge on Abigail. It came out of nowhere. I'm assuming Sarah is supposed to be a suspect, and they didn't even bother to show the stuff with her hallucinating on screen. It's all out of nowhere. 

• Members

The set-up for Friday's episode alone was ok, but I agree that the buildup was seriously lacking. This needed to play out for the whole week. It looks to me like it was a budget issue, but this really needed to be one of those times where they should said "Forget the budget" and just go all out. We should have seen Sarah hallucinating and freaking out, there should have been a scene of Lucas confronting Abigail, and that's been a problem for a while: too much stuff is happening offscreen 

Nahhh... he'd never turn his Real Housewife Lisa Rinna into a psycho 

But I do think your correct in thinking that Ron doesn't like Lucas. Or Chad and Abigail for that matter

Well, tbf, your guy got some special treatment too 

But I did read that Ron got tired of writing these half couples (Wilson, Chabby, Cin) and there may be a lot of changes this summer because of that.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Administrator

Not another stupid murder mystery.  I don't remember the last time I enjoyed one.  This is DAYS, so Abby better not be dead for real.  She should be one of the lead female characters on the show.  And I love Marci so that adds to the disappointed of Abby being killed.  

• Members

How can an episode where a soap kills off a legacy character be so damn boring? I tried to tune in to see what was going on and I can't keep watching. Ali/Chanel + snore. Tripp leaving town again....ok, whatever. Susan...I just can't sit through. What a horrible mix of scenes today when this ep should be going all out hyping up Abigail's death. 

• Members

Caught it on Youtube, and yeah, I got a little misty eyed watching Billy Flynn 

I didn't even expect it. It just happened.

Still don't see a reason why Abby had to be murdered, but I hope it leads to BF being used more effectively. There's a lot more that they could do with him rather then have him pimp himself out to Leo. I also find it interesting that Abby said "They had a knife" 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

All this weekend I kept asking myself WHY aren't we all traumatized  by  this terrible wasteful death?!!  We're mad. We're indignant. We think we know better than TPTB what should have been done instead. All thinking, no feeling. Didn't touch us. How badly can someone botch a death of a popular legacy character? I guess we're seeing how badly Ron Can.