DAYS: June 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Am I the only one that thought Cady McClain was not good today?  She was trying, but I thought it was A LOT.  This is a case where I actually think we needed Missy to get the emotions across.  Not because she's a better actress, but because I think I would have felt more if it was Missy's Jen.

• Members

I haven’t seen yet but when I heard it was Cady instead of Missy I was disappointed. I know they’re just playing characters, but she was the actress that played bringing this character into the world and we got her back for really superfluous stuff instead of this. At least we got to see her have a little anger about Gwen gloating about killing her mother.

Abby should’ve been recast, period.

• Members

So I actually am a huge Missy fan notwithstanding lol, but she really is needed for this, esp. since the writing sucks so far and EVEN NOW it looks like episode guarantees/the budget is getting in the way.  In the last two days, we should have had everyone from Maggie to Ben reacting to this ON SCREEN.  Since we’re not getting that, Cady is going to have to carry a much heavier load.

But even if Missy is checked out, she always nails scenes with/about Jenn’s children.  And can you imagine the looks she’d exchange with SSH, SR, and MBE… or just seeing her sitting alone in the Horton living room?!?  I like Cady fine and I want her as Jenn if it means we’ll have the character full time, but she can never compete with growing up and growing old on the show.

I do hope MA gets good content with SN—that’s one of the show’s more intense relationships, though you wouldn’t know it these days.  I also hope Justin is around for this.  But it looks like Will won’t be and I’m crossing my fingers for a surprise Casey Moss visit…

But this all just sucks and shouldn’t be happening.

• Members

Ben doesn't exist for me. I fast forward all his scenes no matter who he's appearing opposite of. I loathe the character and actor in the role.

Carlivati could redeem his lazy horrible a$$ writing by making Ben the killer. 

That way everyone in town could hate Ciara and Marlena for obvious reasons.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Said it in another thread, but this all is unnecessary and lazy. Ron has a thing for killing characters with history for no real reason other than he can:

Laura Horton

Bill Horton [off screen - he could have been recast; see the actor playing him for Alice's funeral. He had zero interaction before with anyone and fit right in!]

Abigail Deveraux

Adrienne Johnson [for freaking cartoon Bonnie Lockhart]

David Banning [off screen]

Seemingly Dr. Neil Curtis [see Maggie/Sarah's talk about Sarah having Neil's stethoscope]

There was no reason for ANY of these deaths. There is no reason to kill Abigail, a legacy character born on the show and who grew up on the show. Like Mike Horton, she had many actresses play her. One more wouldn't make a huge difference.

So Jack's only kid on canvas is a freaking useless RETCON who, frankly, should have been the one to die in this murder mystery...

• Members

Co-sign. I thought Candy McClain was TERRIBLE. And no, I’m not a MReeves fan, either. Candy made one odd face after another, and none of it felt like real grieving. Yes, it was definitely A LOT.

Billy Flynn fared better, but he went from “He’s doing great” to What the hell face is he making?”

On Twitter? Days fans are screaming EMMYS FOR EVERYBODY!! I get so tired of the Emmy crowd handing out the gold statues every time there’s sobbing over a soap death.

• Members

I don't know about calling out for Emmy nods this far ahead of time so I won't. But this is #2 day of weeping & wailing in Salem. The other day with the end of the devil & Tripp's death & Angel Bo & now with Abigail's murder & reactions galore. What's true to me is that everyone's done well. It's not usual that I find myself giving kudos to all of Salem but I think they've been deserved both times. I'm just saying, "Well done."

• Members

Well, I thought she was very good, made good on every beat, went to just the right place of some hysteria, leaving plenty of room for Matt. I also thought the writing for both of them was top notch & I cannot think when I've said *that* in Salem. I took my emotional cues from Jenn & I felt just like I wanted to. Next up, how they handle the kids & what the suspect list looks like.