DAYS: June 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Members

I just thought Cady played it very un-Jen like.  I couldn't imagine Missy playing it like that and I think it the past CM has done a good job getting Jen's mannerisms down.  It was too hysterical and over the top.  If Days had any smarts they would have used Cady for the silly double wedding stuff and Missy for this or they should never have brought Missy back at all so we could get used to CM as Jen and see the Jen/Abby relationship between MM and CM.

I thought Billy Flynn was fine.  I don't think he's Olivier or anything, but I have always thought he was a pretty decent actor.  You could tell he was really trying and I appreciate that because sometimes BF seems like he's coasting or really, really bored.

And I have to agree about reactions to Abby's death.  I am not sure we needed to see how Marlena, Susan and Belle reacted to it.  There are other people on the canvas like Ben, Anna, Tony, Maggie, Doug, Julie, Gabi, etc who have/had more of a relationship with her.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am sad to see Tripp go. Maybe sadder that I’m happy for a fictional character to be getting out of this mess.

Add my voice to the choir, killing off Abby is a short-sighted move and DOOL has played itself because death means nothing to its audience as it means nothing to the show itself. As an empathetic person, I may have a moment of emotional reaction watching a fellow human being mourn. But this show will never, ever touch the dramatic heights of Laura Cudahy, BJ Jones, Megan Gordon…

• Members

I like Robert Scott Wilson and miss him. Happy to hear he will be back soon. 

Cady McClain was off in her scenes. Not impressed with her acting choices. I don't know why Melissa Reeves wasn't there. I'd have preferred Melissa to be in this storyline.

Billy Flynn is doing great work. He's nailing it. Emmy worthy for sure.

• Members

Bye Tripp!  I liked you!  

I think Gabi had the most legit response to Abigail's death in all seriousness.  I have always liked CB and this felt like the most realistic reaction to me.

Also WTF is Brandon Barash's suit?  It looked so cheap and awful lol

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Candy McClain! Now, THAT'S a good drag queen name right there (take notes RuPaul stars)! Hell, that's a good stripper name too! Or, it's a disgruntled ousted family member of the McCain family vowing her revenge. I love it! Get it, kitty gurl! YAASSS, QWEEN! 

Please register in order to view this content