DAYS: June 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am going to disagree.  She was bad.  She was bad at the morgue and bad at the pub.  I know Cady is a very capable actress, but this was terrible.  I can cut her a little slack since she's a recast, but it was a big NO for me.  I didn't really like Matt's take on this either, but Cady was the worst by far.

• Members

Capital letters doesn't make anyone's opinion a fact. Cady in my opinion was really bad and was the last go around as Jennifer. A complete meltdown with no tears? Please. She is playing a grieving mother who lost her only daughter and can't squeeze out 1 tear. That to me is terrible as an actress. She also is using weird voices/accents and maybe is just trying too hard. Cady was good on ATWT, she just hasn't been good on DAYS for me. It's fine if others don't agree with me.

• Members

Glad I’m not the only one who thought she was awful. I don’t think a single thing she did connected. No way did I feel like I was watching a mother grieving her murdered daughter. She made weird faces,with emotion out of the 1940s — and no tears.

Matt Ashford was lousy, too. Cady saved him because she was so much worse.

• Members

I'm so pleased that I think Cady did such an excellent job! I thought Matt could've done better. But, I think the level of near hysteria is suitable to the loss. Again, when DOOL gets around to doing straight acting they please me. I still think the part should have been recast but this is one of those times when I can go on the ride they ask me to take.

• Members

It's so funny how people either think Cady was great or awful.  It's so interesting how we can watch the same thing and have completely different takes.  I think some of this is affection for Cady as a person and an actress who's done good work in the past.  I felt like I was watching a bad high school play lol.  I am pretty tolerant of acting on Days in general, so something has to be really bad for me to make a point of it.  I guess everyone was trying.  I just think Billy Flynn was the only one who was vaguely close to displaying the proper emotions in this and I still think Gabi's reaction was the most genuine.  

• Members

And that's all that it is, a disagreement. Nothing anyone brings to the table makes what they're saying fact. We're all putting forward opinions, fan opinions. I think it's nice when we can acknowledge that these are paid professionals doing their best, because we're still going to be viewing them through subjective lenses of our own personal likes & dislikes. I recognize that I complain a lot about the show & I'm pleased for once to be praising instead of complaining.

• Members

And you are wrong about Cady.  She is by far betteran actress than Missy, but will say that Missy would've been probably best in the scenes this week due to her long term on the show. Cady was great when she first appeared as Jenn, and the Emmy winning proved that (although agree that winning a Emmy doesn't always mean the winner is the best esp at Daytime Emmys).   I think that most of the people that put down Cady are Missy fans.

Edited by David_Vickers

• Members

I've already said what a great job I think Cady did. I

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/marci-miller-guests-on-digests-podcast-1715754?utm_source=email&em_hash=9bb18b617402d2f5241a02387cd293e9 post now to add this link where MM is doing the Digest podcast.

Edited by Tonksadora

• Members

I think it would have been better if she had more with Marci's Abby.  I just don't feel that connection, so I felt Cady was struggling with that as well.   And I don't think feel like that because I prefer Missy.

FAIR.  But we obviously need something to argue about until Monday.