ARTICLE: Nominations Announced for ‘The 49th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards’

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Finally NLG's reel basis is out & about in the universe: On YT look for

"GH Alexis 04 08 21".

Haven't seen it yet myself but saw some people who had who are raving about it. Also she gave an interview to MFairman & its supposed to be of great interest.

NLG talks to MFairman about her emmy reel

NLG's interview with Michael Fairman is in text instead of being another Zoom chat. Short, to the point, but well stated.

Adding a write up of NLG's reel:

GH NLG Apr 8 2021 Emmy Reel

- Alexis had long defined herself, first as an attorney-at-law & then with 3 words: a fighter, an idealist & an advocate. Now since she has been disbarred she is no longer an attorney. So, who is she? Is she still a fighter, an idealist & an advocate? Tomorrow she reports, turns herself in, to begin her prison sentence. Everyone told her not to plead guilty but she thought she really was so to be honest & clear about it, she would plead & throw herself on the mercy of the court. The day before going into prison was making her very shaky. She had a meal in a restaurant with some of her favorite friends - Ned, Finn, Valentin & Jax, it was a kind of a late supper but at midday I guess, so the Last Lunch. They told her they were proud of her. They said she had owned up to her stuff in a way that none of them ever had or probably ever would. They toasted her with coffee cups. (Hmm, maybe this is Brunch.)

- She's appreciative. But, now she feels she really must find a purpose to her life. Kevin suggests they go back to her last session & pick up from there. She has no recollection of what she said in her last session. Fortunately, he says, he takes very good notes. When last they met, they were discussing her father & his place in her life. She claims that she really has very little to say about him & that he wasn't around very much either. Kevin is sure that was the topic, her relationship with her father. She repeats that she really did not have a relationship with him. She keeps looking over to the side of the room as if there's someone there. We can see that in her mind's eye there's a young girl sitting, hugging her legs, looking very unhappy. Finally she said something, but it was the same just reworded. I truly don't have memories of my father. He was a married man & he kept my mother in an apartment although she used to think it was a gilded cage, as much as she knew what that meant. Her mother was on a short leash. Periodically he would appear bringing little treasures. That's how her mother got this expensive watch that she now wears. But, he also beat her & it would be terrible to see or even just to hear. She was the one who let him in one time when he came & she let him in because she loved him, but ultimately he caused her mother's death.

- The scene changed & it was Alexis & Ned, the only people present. I don't know why you're still talking to me. I walked out of our wedding. Yes, I left Ned at the altar. My dear friend, you were kind & stable & you treated me with respect.

- The scene changed again & Alexis opens the door to let in Olivia, who says she is furious with her but that she does not hate her. When the mayor had me arrested for trying to feed my kid in public, you were there & you fought & advocated for me. Alexis got kindness & grace from Olivia. They hugged. She'd been pushing herself her whole life. 

- The scene changed again & it's Nik & he's saying that she's going to be fine in Pentonville.

- The scene changes again & it's Jerome, Julian Jerome, the mad bomber of Pt. Charles. Alexis is getting fractious. She made the right choice with Neil and she ended up with him in her bed with her, and thought, and thought this convo is bugging me. Julian loved me so but he didn't know how to be with anyone. Add in my reluctance for her to look at things I have let this convo get out of hand. Listen, I think the session is just fine.

- Alexis has been sabotaging herself since she was 10 yrs old & was at sleep-away camp. First memory of insomnia & I was wide awake & everyone else was sound asleep. Self-sabotage. Happiness is fleeting. This is not working. Not all actions are equal. I do not want the men in my life to define me. Twice now you've gone somewhere else as if you're remembering something. One memory keeps coming back of a visit near Christmas, with a shower of gifts for Christmas, only my mother asked him to stay & have Christmas with us & he became furious. She told him if he did not do so she would tell Helena & he beat her for saying that & he just kept on hitting her over & over. He showered her with gifts & then when she was not grateful to receive them & wanted more then he showered her with cruelty. I tried to help her but I couldn't. Alexis you were a child. You couldn't help that. That wasn't your job. Alexis walks over to the little girl with her knees hugged up to her cheat & tells her that she is Alexis Davis & she is a fighter, and an idealist & an advocate & she will take care of little Natasha & they embrace. "I got this." she says. I have been the voice of the voiceless, of others.

- Then we move to the final scene & Alexis is at home with her 3 daughters, Sam, Kristina & Molly. Kevin says she is fortunate to have 3 daughter & that they are fighters, idealists & advocates. Kristina says you don't need a life raft because you are unsinkable. Alexis tells Sam that she is okay & that she is more at peace than she has been in a long while. (The girls had also had Molly walk out in cap & gown because Alexis will miss her law school graduation while she is inside.)

Edited by Tonksadora
additional info; adding the reel contents.