ARTICLE: Nominations Announced for ‘The 49th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards’

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

NATAS/TV Academy changed the rules in December and booted out shows like The Bay, Studio City and others who now have to compete in Primetime. To be nominated for daytime drama shows had to fit the new, very specific guidelines made by both NATAS and the Television Academy which made it eligible.

• Members

I love Mishael, but in what world is she a lead as Amanda on Y&R? It would have made far more sense for her to have been nominated as a lead for Hilary years back. Good for her for snagging a nod, though. Not even La Stafford could sneak in (I don’t know if MS actually submitted).

The Daytime Emmy press release touts that for the “first time since 2012 there are African American nominees in both the Lead
Performance: Actor and Lead Performance: Actress categories.” 

• Members

Side Note: It continues to baffle me how/why B&B's Katherine Kelly Lang gets overlooked year after year, decade after decade. 35 years kicking ass as Brooke and she's only been nominated like twice and I don't think it was even in as a lead. 

• Webmaster

So, the Emmys officially notes that DAYS: Beyond Salem has three nominations but that is incorrect. Technically, it's four. For whatever reason, Casting is listed for DAYS and Beyond Salem as the same nomination since the casting team was the same. However, the writing and directing team for Beyond Salem was the same for DAYS as well and they got separate noms. Also, in some portions of the release they indicate the categories as Outstanding ___ in a Daytime Drama Series while in others they list it as Outstanding ___ in a Drama Series. In fact, they say Best Daytime Drama when noting the DOOL/Beyond Salem head-to-head nomination. I call that sloppiness.

• Members

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE "DAYS" DAYTIME EMMY NOMINEES & LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT RECIPIENT!

Please register in order to view this content

Congratulations to Lifetime Achievement Award recipient John Aniston (Victor) and to the 7 "Days" acting Emmy nominees: Marci Miller (Abigail), Arianne Zucker (Nicole), Eric Martsolf (Brady), James Reynolds (Abe), Stacy Haiduk (Kristen), Lindsay Arnold (Allie) and Michael Lowry (Dr. Snyder).
This is the 5th nomination for Arianne Zucker as Nicole Walker (previously nominated in 2010, 2013, 2014 and 2020).
This is the 4th nomination for James Reynolds as Abe Carver (previously nominated in 2004, 2017 and winning in 2018) and 5th nomination overall (he was also nominated for his role on "Generations" in 1991).
This is the 3rd nomination for Eric Martsolf as Brady Black, his first as Lead Actor (previously winning in 2014 and nominated in 2019 for Supporting Actor).
This is the 3rd nomination for Marci Miller as Abigail DiMera (previously nominated in 2018 and 2019).
This is the 1st nomination for Stacy Haiduk as Kristen DiMera and 2nd nomination overall (she was also nominated for her role on "The Young and the Restless" in 2017).
Lindsay Arnold (Allie) and Michael Lowry (Dr. Snyder) are both first-time nominees for their "Days" roles.

• Members

ᴄʜᴀᴅ & ᴀʙʙʏ ғᴀɴs @TeamChabby · 9h

For those of you who did not catch Marci’s interview with Michael, here’s what she submitted:

when Abby confronts Gwen about seducing Chad, Abby finding out Gwen is pregnant, #Chabby’s goodbye before Marci left on maternity leave.

#DAYS @MarciMiller @billymflynn

Emmy Reels @MarciMiller

Edited by Tonksadora
Spacing

• Members

YMMV, but I think Marci Miller is excellent and would be a worthy winner. She’s really grown so much as Abby and become so relaxed and charismatic in the role. (Partially because she’s been given much more entertaining, deliciously bitchy material since her wan early days.)