ARTICLE: Nominations Announced for ‘The 49th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards’

• Members

MARCI MILLER, up for Best Actress, Abigail Deveraux DiMera, DOOL. Earlier she had thought she was doing the Zoom interview at one time & not the other time & they missed each other & she's so sorry but they laugh about it & go on. She submitted:
Abigail confronting Gwen for seducing Chad, in the hotel room.
Abigail finding out that Gwen is pregnant.
Convo with Billy (Chad) about what she's feeling with regard to Gwen, etc. & the aftermath of 'what have I become'? Some variety.
Some tears, but not all crying.
Emily (Gwen) is a dream to work with! Marci went into some detail about how she is as a scene partner with facial expression, vocalisms, etc.
Yes, this is her third nomination.
Well, she told her husband first & then she called her mother.
And, she'd had her phone turned off. When she turned it back on, there was just a SLEW of texts from people congratulating her.
Her life is just total chaos. (During the Zoom chat, her husband was gone so it was just her & her baby, who was just off-camera & we could hear baby noises throughout the interview and Marci talked to the baby, etc. lots of baby cooing, one real outburst of unhappy crying, she just took it in stride & kept talking to MF while she was trying to distract her little one.)
It's a great group of girls to be in, be nominated with, Best Actress. So fun, proud to be a part. Oh, yes, she does do Thrift Stores.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Lol. That’s really what it is. They should have only 2-3 nominees per year for Outstanding Drama Series, but I guess that would be a greater admission of the award’s irrelevance. They want to be inclusive and give all viewers something to root for in the most important category. But it’s funny: looking at overall stats, these surviving shows rack up Outstanding Drama Series nominations for simply existing. I suppose only showbiz awards nerds care about such things.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I like the idea of nominating two, instead of four or whatever number they have now. 

Across the pond for the BAFTA's even though they have not as many soaps as well (more than US of course), they still manage to leave a few out for best continuing drama, this year it was Hollyoaks and EastEnders.

• Members

Guest Actor or Best Support? That's fantastic. She was great as Jennifer Horton Deveraux. I wish they'd give it to her permanent. I missed that news. Thnx. But, I don't think she broke the curse. That's like, okay, bring someone in who is known for other shows & then give them an award.

• Members

More Daytime Emmy Reels

Arianne Zucker chose the breakup scene with Eric for her reel.

Lindsay Arnold submitted the hypnotized/remembering the rape by Charlie in London scenes.

James Reynolds submitted the 40th anniversary episode.

John McCook (Eric, B&B)
.Eric could not fulfill his wife’s physical needs, and he made some bad choices, choices that I didn’t agree with. Brad explained all of this to me before we did it. He actually had me up to the office, and he said, “How would you feel about telling a story about erectile dysfunction and about sending [Eric’s] wife off to be with somebody else?” And I said, “Look, I don’t mind making bad choices or wrong choices for Eric, as long as in the end, we can see why he makes these choices.” And that’s where the scene was that we showed — it’s Eric trying to explain to Ridge why he was allowing his wife, Quinn, to be off with Carter. But you know, it’s very exciting that Brad gave me the opportunity to say, “No, I’m not comfortable doing that.” And we talked about it, not at great length, but he said, “Okay, we’re going to go with it then.” And it was very exciting when it started happening, and we had a good year with it, we really did. It took a long time to tell that story

I’ve only seen two of the scenes Kimberlin Brown (Shelia, B&B) put on her reel and that was Shelia screaming at Stephanie’s photo and Shelia and Steffy in hell. Here’s Kimberlin in her own words…
Originally, we thought it would be best to tell a story, from point A to the final scene, as far as when I first arrived on the show and what happened along the way to set things up, and then I started remembering other scenes and other pieces that, to me, were just great moments. And when other actors come to you on the show and say, “Boy, I hope you choose this show,” or, “I hope you choose that one!” it really jars your memory and it helps you, it truly does. I had Annika [Noelle, Hope Logan] say, “Kimberlin, you’ve got to put the scene in when you’re talking to Steffy Forrester in hell,” and I was like, “Oh, my gosh, yes!” Because I’ve been so busy, and I’ve have so much to do since I came back, it’s a little bit overwhelming, so to have people come forward from the show and help me with their recommendations, it really pulled everything together that was necessary. But, yeah, I don’t know really what to say today, to be honest! I’m just very excited

Here’s what Ted King (Jack, B&B) said was on his reel…
There were quite a few. It started with scenes at Finn and Steffy’s [Jacqueline MacInnes Wood] wedding and then moved into heavier scenes with Naomi, who’s also been nominated, and I’m thrilled for her. She played my wife, Li Finnegan, and so I included a scene from [their conversation when Jack revealed the truth about Finn’s parentage], and then I included several scenes with Sheila, Kimberlin Brown. And then there was one final scene with Tanner Novlan, so me and Finn, where it was basically mea culpa — I had done bad things, and I needed to come clean to my son! [

Here’s what Guest Performer nominee Naomi Matsuda (Li, B&B) says she put in her Emmy reel….
The scene where I find out that I had been betrayed all these years, that my husband on the show, Ted King, had been lying to me for all these years about our son, who turned out to be his biological son who I thought we had adopted together, and finding out that he was the love child of my husband when he had the affair.

Personally I am just appalled that Stacy Haiduk is nominated. I mean, if she were nominated for Worst Recast, then, maybe.

• Members

A poster in another forum felt moved to speak & explain some things about the Daytime Emmys & make some reminders. He explained the Blue Ribbon panels being made up of peers, actors on actors, writers on writers, etc. And, they watch the reels & score them in points. When the points are tallied, it yields 2 things, at that same time, 1-the list of nominees and 2-the winner. Picked at the same time. The work covered is one calendar year, this year 2021. None of this year is eligible until next year. It is better for the genre if everyone wins some Emmy. It is not really great for one show to sweep it. The last time that almost happened was SB in 1989 winning 6 out of 9. Actors reels are 15 min. tops, whatever scenes you want, suggest about 3 scenes. (This person thought they should be 20 min.) Show is two full episodes, not edited. Writing & Directing are edited to show one storyline. He went over all the changes actor reels have been, from 4 episodes, etc.

• Members

Regarding the Y&R episode referred to as the Anniversary of Neil Winter's Death (Kristoff St. John) which may have shown up in various reels & also may be   the Y&R Show reel & one of the Writing reels, two posters from GoldDerby offer (1) this short clip which features a nominated song and (2) the promise of a transcript & a recap at TV Megasite. Episode May 28, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYHXYmTlz1A&t=148s

Here's the transcript: http://tvmegasite.net/.../older/2021/yr-trans-05-28-21.shtml Update: http://tvmegasite.net/updates/yr/2021/yr-05-28-21.shtml Short recap: https://www.tvmeg.com/.../yr-short-recap-friday-may-28-2021/

Edited by Tonksadora
Tidying up. Epi May 28, 2021; adding

• Members

It's alive! Y&R May 28, 2021

Neil Winters Anniversary Tribute

May 28, 2021, a tribute to Neil Winters upon the anniversary of his death, is a tight, well-written and excellently acted daytime drama episode. There is a musical underbed of jazz throughout, tying the various scenes together that gives the day a feeling, an ambience of calm but very alert status. The show begins with Neil's youngest child, Moses, who had previously done the invitations for this day & was then working on the program for the day, which was set up to be a walk through what Neil Winters life had been like. There was a playlist where one could listen to Neil's favorite music. There was a planned walk for the guest to take from place to place where the locales were important stops along the way in Neil's life. Crimson Lights, work, etc. Then, once this is set up, the story goes from person, or group of people, to person, as each did the walk. It progressed nicely and culminated with different people putting a flower down at Neil's final resting place. Well done!

When MTS entered she exclaimed, "Oh, I know this piece." and walked directly over to a piano & sat down & played with the music. Lovely moment, seemed so authentic.

Edited by Tonksadora
Add write-up of episode. Add MTS.

• Members

Two DOOL nominees, Eric Martsolf & Stacy Haidug, chose their scenes for their reels, from 2 consecutive episodes: May 26, 2021 and

May 27, 2021. I just watched both episodes. They're up on dailymotion.

Kristen is in police custody. Brady is visiting her. She had kidnapped Chloe & put her in the trunk of some car. She tells them where the car is but it's gone because Jan Spears has taken it & she has kidnapped Claire. Kate finally wa/oh that won't be on their reels. Um, very intense & high emotion, Brady is seething, angry, Kristen is crying, pleading, and Brady breaks it off with her, for good.

Edited by Tonksadora
What is on reel.