Days of Our Lives: May 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

I was going to discuss earlier this morning, but since I couldn't find the thread, I thought maybe it was scheduled to be posted at a certain time. I used to do stuff like that on social media although Hoot Suite is much easier. Bear in mind it was really early in the morning and my thought processes are kind of here and there. Then after my cup of coffee,  I realized this message board has no such feature. 

Please register in order to view this content

I don't think I've ever told anyone that they were bad in bed. Then again, maybe I have. I have told someone that they were a bad kisser. Hey, if kissing ever feels to you like you're kissing a wet soggy roll of toilet paper, then it's to speak up and let your voice be heard.

As far as yesterday's episode, I watched it sort of. How many people knew that Allie was possessed on Friday? Johnny, Ben, Susan, E.J., and who else? Monday, it seemed like 25 people knew about it. Yet, there was no build up. Oh, I see now. Are they having these conversations in private again? 

Edited by Noel

• Errol pinned this topic
  • Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm soooo over with the Devil. This should have ended in December. Now, it's just a cheap way to invent easy conflict for the characters like those never-ending masks swaps. No character development at all.

I love Gwen and the drama she causes. I think her story has lost a lot of steam along the way due to the actor's low guarantees (the whole cast). It's like a story gets up and running, and then we don't see it for weeks. It's hard to create momentum. I would stop with all the guest stars and just use that part of the budget to focus on the people who already are on contract. I'd include still using Julie, Doug, and Victor still though. They're important to the show.

There are also characters who are in a rut out at this point and need a rest...Rafe, Nicole, Ava, and Stefan. All good actors in played out characters. That budget could be used to bring in a couple of fresh characters and provide more episodes for other characters.

It's odd that they rarely play the Tripp and Ava relationship, too. It'd be a great way to inject his character with an actual personality. He's a good actor and deserves better.

Zach Tinker continues to be as cute a bug! They need to get him involved in a hot new story with another man if they're not going to recast Will.

I would LOVE for Christopher Sean to come back!

Edited by pdm1974

• Errol featured this topic
  • Members

Why did Gwen tell Abby that about Laura?  What did she think Abby would do with that information?  Gwen is just creating more stupid trouble for herself at this point. 

Chad is really worked up over this Leo story lol.  It seems a little out of character for him to care that much.  It's not like Abigail wasn't in on it.   Who cares?  It's a little embarrassing, but on the scale of embarrassing things that have happen to Chad/Abigail this is no big deal.

• Members

I'm behind on episodes so I haven't seen the episode. Everyone is acting out of character to fit the storyline. Its obvious Ron is torpedoing Will and Sonny for another of Leo's ridiculous shenanigans. 

There were no signs Will and Sonny were having problems. Why is Sonny still in Salem????

• Members

Is he still thinking about taking over Titan?  I can't remember if he gave Victor an answer lol.   I would definitely say something weird is going on with the Chad, Leo, Will, Sonny group, but I am not sure what yet.

I think Chad would be supporting his wife at this time and not shooting the sh*t with Sonny about petty things that don't include the murder of your wife's grandma but that's me.

• Members

He hasn't even talk to Will about Titan unless it's being done off screen. It just makes zero sense he's still in Salem with Will in Arizona. What happened to the love of his mom's foundation? This story is not going to wash.

As for chad could it lead to a one night stand with Sonny after the Leo mess and the Abby trauma??

I doubt Ron would go there. It would make for a whopper of a story with Will, Sonny and Chad.

• Members

So I don't think that's a crazy idea.  I don't know if a soap would ever do that, but that's sort of how I felt about how Chad/Sonny were playing the scenes.  Both were getting really mad about things that don't really matter much and they were being intense with one another.

• Members

I would watch EVERY SINGLE DAY if that happened, but I doubt they'll go there.

I think they want to hang onto Zach Tinker since he's been so popular, but they don't know what to do with him yet.

I was surprised to see that BD/Lucas is actually still on contract. He hasn't been on in ages unless they're saving his guarantee for Sami's return....

• Members

Ron would ruin a story like that, but I would absolutely love that story for them even if it's lame for Will/Sonny.  I think the bigger problem is figuring out Chandler's schedule to then working out what to do with ZT and Sonny.

Is BD on contract?  Is that recent?  He really hasn't been on in ages, but I do think he's coming back soon.  Maybe even before Sami, which would make sense with what's happening with his daughter.

• Members

I'm loving Chad/Sonny. I'd gladly watch an entire show of just them. I was LMAO when Leo said he faked all the panting and moaning during sex with Sonny. 

So Craig is gone. Wow. And Nancy is stuck with child rapist Clyde. I have no words. 

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

I wouldn’t mind Chad/Sonny either but it would need to be handled with a lot of care; something that this writing team isn’t interested in doing when it comes to storylines like this. 

Craig and Nancy were ruined for no reason 

• Members

I'm still not over this. I like James Read, but his character still gives me the heebie-jeebies over his introduction, and what I assumed they had planned for the character initially. The issue of his abuse of Jordan swept under the rug, and fast forward to 2022 where they have him in scenes with CIN, him giddy over getting a grandchild and CIN being ok with it. WHAT?!?!?