Days of Our Lives: May 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah, as much as I dislike Ben/Ciara I think both of them are decent actors.  They have great chemistry and are certainly beautiful.   It's Ben's backstory and the writing that lets them down more often than not.  I don't think it's RSW or VK's faults.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I've been under the weather and caught up on the last 3 weeks and one thing I can say is that the canvas is BLOATED and it's no wonder stories and plot points are dropped and picked up at awkward times, killing momentum or making weird gaps in time.  Wouldn't it be cheaper to cut the cast by a 3rd and focus on giving more airtime to a smaller amount of people?  

Everything is so frenetic and all over the place. There's no character development. Ron C is burnt out. 

• Members

I think nobody but the viewers know that Clyde raped Jordan.  The confrontation between Jordan and Clyde about that happened in Salem, onscreen, but nobody else was there.  I don't know if any other characters ever learned about it?   Were there ever any scenes of Jordan telling anyone in Salem about it?

Maybe someone in their hometown of Poplar Bluffs, Arkansas knew; but I doubt the news made it to Salem.    Back in 2014, Clyde had a henchman from Poplar Bluffs working for him in Salem (Jeremiah?)  If he knew, it wasn't mentioned onscreen.

News like that should have reached the prison grapevine at some point, but it doesn't seem to have done so.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I thought Jordan had been pretty upfront about what Clyde did to her. I remember being pissed that Kate stayed with Clyde after learning that, given her own history of abuse (and Billie's) at Curtis's hands. And I'm pretty sure they addressed that angle during one of Clyde's prison breaks after Jordan returned in the last few years. 

Maybe Ben never found out, or Jordan wanted to shield him, but other people did know at some point.

• Members

I don’t really have a huge issue with RSW, my issue is with the character of Ben being a violent serial killer turned into romantic lead and besties with one of his victims and the victim’s Grandmother acting as a freaking surrogate mom to him. Not to mention if you bring up that ya know he murdered several people, his wife will yell at you into submission. Also the mother of one his victims was somehow a villain for wanting revenge.

• Members

Baby Bo?

Baby Cinnabun?

Nah, I'll stick with calling him Baby Serial Killer. 

Overall, I thought this was a good week. But as always, my biggest criticism is...

Please register in order to view this content

It reminds me of B&B or ATWT in its final years.

• Members

Why is everyone being so dumb?  The Horton Cabin is an obvious place for Allie/Ciara to be-outside of Ben/Ciara's fire cabin it's like the first place I would look.  I thought they were at Ben's cabin when he ran out, but nope, at the Horton Cabin lol.

Damn, Ciara had that baby in about 2 scenes.  Lucky girl.  Fastest labor ever!

Glad Eli was awake/Lamon is back.  Maybe that story can start moving.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

No I was being stupid lol.  I was watching today while still finishing up some work and thought I was a total idiot for thinking that thy were at the Horton cabin for days, but at Ben's instead.  I would say I should pay better attention, but it's Days so I probably will not lol. 

Haven't a number of characters given birth at that cabin or just Marlena?  I feel like characters have gotten trapped there in several precarious situations over the years...

• Members

I think he is a horrible actor. The way he pronounces his words sometimes, and when his Boston accent comes out. He acting just ruins everything for me. Also that Days seems to push him as a leading man, gets on my nerves.