Days of Our Lives: May 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Piss off, Jack!

Having a hard, painful life is still no excuse to make other people’s lives miserable. Gwen deserves everything that she got.

Matt Ashford and Emily O’Brien did really well today though. Emmy worthy, IMO.

And agreed that the tribute to Philece Sampler was a really nice thing to do 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This is on brand for Ron either way - breaking the toys, or refusing to accept feedback to change. If he intends to still keep Gwen (which IMO is a big if - he may be winding up to axe her) then it's on par with his original plan for Howarth's Franco on GH. RC had wanted Franco to admit to Carly he'd had her son Michael raped on purpose, but Franco was never going to leave the show at that time and was instead being moved into a frontburner new romance with Michelle Stafford's Nina. Which means he'd intended to do that but keep Franco played as a romantic lead despite, like Gwen, doing something irredeemable.

I'd be amazed if he kept her at this point, but I'm amazed he has stubbornly refused to ever undo Ben being a serial killer as well.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I genuinely think EOB is one of the best actresses on the show, but I don't think I have ever seen a Gwen fan.  I liked her in the beginning and thought she had promise.  I do think it's clear the character has hit a dead end though.  I am perplexed why Gwen is allowed to have such a point of view all the time.  I know more about Gwen and her horrible childhood, desired to be loved, etc. etc. than most characters on the cast.   Ron really tried to develop Gwen.  It's just the development is poor and unlikable. 

• Members

I know what it is now, and I hope that I can describe it to where it makes coherent sense to others who read this post. It's so weird. From the hallway angle, the camera shows the actual picture frame (e.g., art, glass, frame) when actors are approaching Suite 227, but from inside Paulina's suite, the glass (from the picture frame) is covered with that wallpaper. Perhaps this is done to avoid the lighting reflection? Still, it looks funky because the wallpaper they put to cover the glass is not aligned with the rest of it. That's why I felt that area was a little "off". Does that make sense? God, I hope so because that made my head hurt trying to describe it.

Since you mentioned the blue, I didn't know if it was my QLED TV or not, but Queen Kristen looked like a Smurf during her brief appearance. Because of this, the blue lighting is more noticeable to me. 

As far as the actual show these past couple of days, it's stupid as all hell. Shawn is shown leaving with Rafe to head over to the cabin one minute and then he's not shown when Rafe shows up at the cabin. Yes, I saw Ron C.'s tweet about how Brandon Beemer wasn't available to shoot that day, but that's just sloppy. Slop, slop, and then add some more of that slop. Carson Boatman's acting is ridiculous that he ties with Robert Scott Wilson that it's actually funny because he's so over-the-top. It kind of feels the two are in competition with each other or something. But at least they make me laugh. I liked it when ghost Andre was trying to convince Ben to kill Johnny with the necktie. Robert Scott Wilson is such a little drama queen. OMG, dude seriously. 

For the life of me, I'm still trying to wrap my head around this TR/Abe/Paulina/Lani nonsense. The whole thing was so weird. Abe gets whacked with a baseball bat with a pool of blood all over the floor and Paulina comes and asks TR who was at the door. TR tells Paulina that it was only a group of religious converters and urges Paulina that the two of them should leave for their weekend rendezvous immediately. Then, Paulina sees Abe on the floor covered in blood, and TR's like, "Oh, I can explain! It's nothing, really!" LOL! Wait. What? Then, TR threatens Paulina with his bionic hand and Paulina just stands there and doesn't even bother to move or go back in the kitchen to get a knife to defend herself, lol! Nope. She just stands there. I won't bore you with the rest, but TR's last words with his daughter could have been more emotional over a side plate of French fries with mayonnaise. 

Then, I don't understand Paulina. Actually, I don't get any of this. Abe, who was covered in blood, is in the hospital and is totally fine from his concussion and notices that Kayla is Chief of Staff again, lol! What else is going on? Satan can't seem to kill people but gets others to do his dirty work and they fail miserably. Steve and Kayla's home looks like John and Marlena's. I'll just stop there. 

Please register in order to view this content