Days of Our Lives: May 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Why are Shawn and Belle acting like Jan holds all the cards? They really need to tell this girl that they’re the bosses in this whole mess.

But overall, I really enjoyed today too. It reminded me of Passions, in the years that it was good lol and I really liked the parallels that were drawn between Tripp and John, back when he fought MarDevil in the morgue during the original possession. And I’ll say it again: Tripp may be boring, but he’s definitely the type of guy that you would spend the rest of your life with 

Please register in order to view this content

I see Soap Twitter isn’t a big fan of him though

Plus, I see Ron borrowed my idea about borrowing from the end of The Exorcist

And, welcome back, Bo. We’ve missed you 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Idk, I get why most of you didn't like it, but the Possession ending, Ciara/Ben getting their stupid kid back, Tripp throwing himself out a window, Jan wanting to name her kid Britney Spears, and GhostBo?  Any one of those things would be a highlight in a normal episode lol.  

• Members

I agree.

Please register in order to view this content

I'm watching right now on Peacock and those were my exact words.

If I remove myself from the show's history and take these episodes at face value, I can see how teens would enjoy it the same way they enjoyed Passions (as someone mentioned upthread) and shows on Disney. I'm all for the idea that there's several ways to be a soap. But I do realize how frustrating it is for loyal viewers to see the identities of their shows change so drastically. I went through it with AMC and OLTL.

I'm also very against naming that baby Bo. I say this as one of many relatives (including my own dad) named after my great-grandfather, but soaps (especially B&B) do this to death. It's particularly egregious when a baby is named after an iconic character like Bo. Thank G-d Kendall nor Bianca never named a daughter Erica, I would have been sick.

Edited by SFK

• Members

Well, we spoke up for Tripp just in time to lose him! I suppose it is worth it to be shed of the devil. If I never have to hear the words, "THE DEVIL" Muah ha ha, again it will be too soon. I just had to go ahead & watch today. I'll just be a day behind on GH this week. So, what did I think? Honestly, I am so glad to see this day come that I just feel like having a good stretch & falling asleep calm, where after watching DOOL I am usually tense. Watching especially Ciara, half the time garish & half the time really pretty & soft lit, I am well pleased. Now Ava has no sons. Salem took them both from her.