Days of Our Lives: May 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I found out about the preemptions on November 12, which is the day I posted about it on the web. I'm guessing the people at Days probably found out a little sooner than that. They were taping April at that point, so they would have written through some point in May at that point So this was always the time frame where the episodes would get back on track. 

• Members

When I saw Steve and Kayla's crib, I thought they lived in the same building as John and Marlena as some model units look the same, so I wasn't sure. Then, I saw that small hallway, and I had a flashback of John's exorcism kit he has somewhere stashed on one of those shelves, lol!

I'm a Gwen fan through thick and thin. I don't think that Emily O'Brien has been given any meaty material lately. The same can be said for all the actors, lol! It's not just Emily O'Brien. I don't enjoy criticizing actors, and I hope it doesn't come across that way. But when I see some lousy acting, I call it out. I've always been like that. Perhaps Boatman and Wilson are the nicest people on the planet, but they're both terrible on the show. I think I briefly spoke negatively about Marci Miller, but she is a great actress and wonderfully talented. However, I'm not too fond of her take with Abigail Devereaux because what Abigail needs right now is a big fat lip. Perhaps that is my reasoning for liking Gwenyth. Emily O'Brien's performance this past Thursday with Paul Telfer (5/12) left me breathless (although I would have preferred for Gwenyth to let Zander have it). Still, I'm curious because I thought the spoilers for Gwyneth were going to be different, but I'll tune in for this.

It's nice to see the meddling mother hens of Salem find a truce somehow. On the Horton side of town, you've got Julie, while on the Dimera side, you've got Anna. Last but not least, on the Kiriakis side, you've got Maggie. Although we already knew Maggie pressing charges against Anna for what she did to Sarah was bogus, it's nice to see the meddling mother hens of Salem unite. I'm kidding. Maggie, Anna, and Julie are annoying AF.

So, the first time Charlie rose from the grave, he looked like Beetlejuice, but the second time he rose from the grave, he was clean as a whistle with waxed done eyebrows. I'm glad this storyline is coming to a closure, but there's still a lot of mess to digest in the town of Salem.

Edited by Noel

• Members

I might be in the minority, but I thought today's show was pretty good.   A little weird it was on a Monday and not a Friday though.  Not going to spoil since everyone hasn't seen it, but I was entertained.  I'd go as far as saying it was one of the better shows in recent memory even with the Devil stuff.