Days of Our Lives: April 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

YAAAAS! Talk about who would be a good 900 number pay-per-call model cuz that's your girl right there! Charity Rahmer.  For some reason, I had Kit Paquin on my mind, but realized she was on Guiding Light briefly after Aubrey Dollar.

Drunk Belle was amusing to watch in the sense that it wasn't believable. She reminded of this woman named Vicky I worked with at a restaurant a long time ago. Very seldom did Vicky ever drink alcohol; she wasn't a holier-than-thou type or anything. On her 40th birthday, the bartenders wanted to celebrate her special day in style. Well, what Vicky didn't know is that the bartenders were making her virgin frozen mudslides and telling her that the mudslides were loaded with Kahlua and vodka. Moreover, they told her that the only reason why she couldn't taste the alcohol was because of the ice cream. By her fourth virgin mudslide, Vicky was being such a rowdy birthday girl! I said, "Hey, Vicky! How ya feelin'?" She's like, "Who is that? I can't see without my Coca-Cola bottle glasses, but I am fuuuuucked up!" And the way she was waving her arms in mid-air was priceless. So yeah, drunk Belle reminds me of sweet Vicky.

I'm still scratching my head at the cake party as it was a major bust. It was nice to see Clyde at the Horton house and props to Doug for trying his best to act like he's having a great time. And the way Allie was describing how cutting the cake filled with cherry simple syrup will be worth the wait. Huh? What?  And the way Julie was asking Allie to give her a little hint, lol! Well, based on probability, it's 50/50. But once Allie revealed the gender, no one seemed to be that ecstatic. What that gender reveal party needed were some mudslides.

Edited by Noel

• Members

Yeah, Drunk Belle wasn't very believable in her first scenes when she was really drunk, but rarely do people on soaps play good drunks.

I don't really get the point of Allie's cake.  Was it to upset everyone?  Give the wrong gender?  Ruin the lame party?  If it was real blood and Allie/Devil acted all freaked out saying she didn't do that it would have scared people, but it just being syrup was just a cake with the wrong color filling-the cake's not even ruined lol.

• Members

Frankly, I don't see how anyone COULD get ecstatic about a gender reveal.  I mean, it's either got a penis or it doesn't.

I'm reminded of what Linda Dano (who, IMO, gave a master class on "playing drunk" on AW) said: don't "play drunk," just play the pain.

At the very least, someone should have cut into the cake and found a severed body part or something.

• Members

I was thinking of Linda Dano and Robin Christopher's Skye when I said that lol because they both play really good drunks, but I couldn't think of anyone on Days that ever did. 

Drunk Belle was okay after the initial OTT stumbling scenes, but, again, I don't think John's advice was that helpful.  There were ways John could have used his experience with Kristen/Susan to correlate how Shawn felt but that would be way too deep for Days.   As I said, the true love always wins mantra is why Belle is so f***ed up to begin with plus her weird issues with her conception thinking she ruined everyone's life by being born still.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Yup.

DAYS's entire legacy, from the very beginning until now, has been built on the concept of (true) love winning out in the end, but you're right, @carolineg, about how much that has f'ed up not only Belle, but Shawn as well.  IMO, Shawn and Belle need to realize that maybe, despite their very best efforts, they're simply not "meant to be."

(Of course, I also think Shawn actually WANTS to be with Jan but just can't bring himself to admit that he really loves her batshit crazy ass, lol.)

• Members

I just can't with this show anymore. It's so stupid. I don't want the cast and crew to lose their jobs but I was thrilled to see that Days was in last place in the 18-49 demo in all of daytime last week. The show is ridiculous. Bloody cakes, Sarah is now a 5 year old. The devil b.s. Days deserves its last place rating. Please fire Ron Carlivati. He's out of ideas that can get the ratings up. It's very frustrating as a long time fan to see what is happening to this show and Corday as usual will sit back and watch the destruction happen.