General Hospital: April 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

For me, it was just a chemistry thing. It’s so hard to find, so when it works, I think shows should pursue it. I’m in the minority in that I don’t see as much with nuTrina (she’s been great and they work well together but I don’t feel the same way). But it’s also the way Spencer has been treating her. I’m all for the bad boy/good girl romance, but their interactions have begun to sour me on the pairing, which is a writing failure.

• Members

My only problem with BLQ & Chase is that the way they've chosen to keep them apart, this traditional hurdle, is so awkward! I get enough of awkwardness with Nina & Sonny. I sure don't need more between these two. And, of course, she doesn't get that she has completely misread the situation. I don't want Brook Lynn to be a lightweight.

Then, when it comes to the young adults I think GH is fortunate to have such strong ones. The three I love play nuance. I saw the maturity first in Cam, then Trina, and finally Joss blossomed. Esme, I hate & I think she is very one-note, but then they're only writing her with the one same note over & over with the occasional mustache twirl for good measure so I might learn later that there is more there than meets the eye. With Spencer I am just a reactionary, he annoys me & I don't like him, he holds his own in a confrontation with my favorite kick*ss Ava Jerome & I pause.

• Members

^ I really want to like Joss, but the actress is so unnatural. Also we have Cam, Joss and Trina as so good butter would hardly melt in their mouths.

It's a decent younger set, but we need Esme to turn into a real person and Joss to be less well adjusted, imo. Maybe Esme will be better once Kevin figures out what Ryan is up to. Does anyone know who Esme's mother is?

I must say I think all of the people on this show have have aged well and look great. Not to be catty, but plastic surgery has obviously come a long way, since the last generation. Being away for a long time makes the work done stand out, but I think they've all made smart choices.

• Members

The green screen in those outdoor scenes with Harmony/Brendan was horrendous! They didn't even try to make it look like they were actually outside. 

It is beyond time to move Britt on from Jason. I liked them but this is just silly at this point. 

Finn is better matched with Alexis than with Liz. 

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

They're not writing it and the actress isn't playing any of this as though her character has a long history on this show. She may as well be a brand new character. I didn't think someone could be worse than the last one but here we are.

• Members

A long history but nothing of actual value. Jordan has always been a very weak utility player of a character only somewhat enlivened by the talented and sparkling Vinessa Antoine.

And I don't believe for a second Teschner has done most of the casting since 2012. I think a lot of it has smacked of Frank's heavy hand (which he wielded a lot at OLTL), with a few exceptions.

• Members

I think it's quite sad that Britt has Jason this much on her brain.

I think Alexis is just better with men. She doesn't seem quite on center with women, being a girlfriend. She's okay with her daughters, fortunately. But, with both Finn & with Val yesterday, it was just so natural & close.

• Members

I’m still hoping they try to make Esme more human and let her and Cam have a bad girl/good boy romance. There was definite chemistry there. Way more than btwn Cam and Joss. 

Sometimes hiring a model (Nick Chavez) works out well and others you end up with a pretty robot on screen.