B&B February 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Probably the best examples to illustrate how poorly run this show is are in Friday's episode.

You have grown children barrage their father again about choosing their mother over his wife. You love your Dad? Fine. But why be so heavy handed? And if it's kismet then why does Ridge need to be convinced? It didn't seem like he chose Taylor.

Katherine has always been very proficient at crying but she must get a lot of headaches from the crying she does. Brooke is a perfect name for the character.

The best example [of the worst] were Paris and Carter. If you can't sell kissing, it doesn't matter how flowery the dialogue is. Paris was actually squinting and looked disgusted while kissing Carter. It makes no sense. They can't even kiss in a way that makes you think they're attracted to each other. They're about to give into passion but she looks grossed out and a director let that pass?

The infrequency of anything good is further punctuated by poor follow-up. If something is good, it will inevitably be written badly or be poorly paced.

Sheila's schtick isn't entertaining. They rehash the same crap every episode. I'm tired of her stupid grins.

I like Krista Allen in the role. It's a shame the writing is so shoddy.

• Members

B&B regularly asks us to have selective amnesia about stories they *just* told. And Taylor’s troubled recent history has been completely whitewashed so that Bradley can tell this story. It’s obvious that he thinks that complicated history would interfere with the effectiveness of the story (or simply overcomplicate things for us dummies, who need a clearer distinction between messy Brooke and sainted Taylor), but it actually makes things boring. He has zero respect for his viewers.

It’s funny and predictable. Things were looking so up for a while, but B&B always goes to sh!t. Bradley was making some positive moves by shoring up the older cast with KB, SK, and KA; not going to the tired $Bill well; and moving away from the endless Hope/Liam/Steffy merry-go-round (this must be the longest stint on the back burner Scott Clifton has had in memory), but Bradley always reveals himself to be who he is.

Diamond looks like she’s in physical pain every time she kisses LSV.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

At least Paris wasn’t grimacing and squinting during today’s love scene with Carter. She just looked kinda bored. Zero chemistry or connection between the actors, whereas it was palpable between LSV and RS. The hyper close-ups on Paris/Carter were also a bit odd.

Again, they’re just pretending like Crazy Taylor never happened. New actress, wipe the slate clean, I guess.

B&B has a problem keeping the energy up between story peaks.

• Members

Yup! In contrast to January-February 2002, they were able to jampack into those two months:

1) Brooke going to Ojai, going into therapy, actualizing her feelings for Deacon, and revealing her pregnancy to Deacon.

2) Ridge working behind the scenes to rid Brooke of the CEO title because of her depressed condition.

3) Rick and Amber navigating their pregnancy, and Massimo coaching Rick into holding his own in the Forrester board meetings.

4) Brooke stopping Ridge on time from taking over Forrester leading to their fallout.

5) Amber discovering Brooke's Pregnancy, then Stephanie revealing it in press conference which led to Whip's introduction.

6) Whip discovering Brooke and Deacon's secret.

They always excuse the fact that "it's difficult to tell multiple stories in a half hour", when it's simply not true. Brad Bell used to be able to write all of this.

Edited by ChickenNuggetz92

• Members

He’d probably say that it’s budget (limited versus 20 years ago), but it’s not like you listed more characters than we have now. Brooke, Ridge, Taylor, Deacon, Hope, Thomas, Steffy, Sheila, Carter, Paris, Liam, Grace, and Zende have all been featured, and they could be doing much more than repeating the same tired dialogue every day and playing out a single A story (everything surrounding Brooke) and a segregated black B story in a corner (Carter/Paris). So much richness and character exploration is left on the table. There are times when it feels like JER at his laziest. Maybe they think the aging audience won’t be able to keep up with speedier or deeper storytelling. 

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

It is just LAZY. I think he doesn't care anymore and they write it just to continue till it's finally cancelled. It's not budget. They have enough sets and characters to make it work... even if it was just this one storyline... it should have been written more dynamically and up beat. I mean we are talking about infidelity, divorce, scandal. Why is the tempo so slow and mundane... it's like an old opera, which someone forgot to press stop. Brooke will need medical assistance soon if she doesn't stop crying soon. I mean I don't think it's healthy to cry for 3 months straight every day. Also why is Sheila forgotten why she came here... in the last 60 episode she has had like... 2-3 scenes with Finn BUT we have seen THAT FLASHBACK with the bottles 50 times! The old Sheila would have kidnapped someone by now. Something would have happened.

Also why is Taylor allowing Steffy to bully her into f-cking Ridge.  And Steffy is practically abusing Ridge... forcing her mother on him every episode for 60 episode. Doesn't she realize that Taylor has never looked more pathetic in her life... doing that. If I was the writer... I will have Taylor refuse to have anything to do with Ridge. And he will have to work for it. He will have to chase her. But what... now Taylor is this rescue dog that needs some attention from Ridge. Are you kidding me...

The only problem is they are lazy... they don't care. 

Also I have 1 huge problem... THE WARDROBE is disgusting. The show lacks any kind of glamour or sense of high fashion. Brooke is soon going to be crying in ADIDAS jump suits. it's pathethic. Put that sexy woman in a hot dress and give us some kind of soap opera mood. Why is EVERYTHING BROWN AND BEIJE... AND... UUUUGH....

I predict Brooke will sleep with Deacon after crying for 10 more episodes... Then Ridge will decide to go back to Brooke after realizing she was tricked by Sheila.... And then Brooke will cry for 120 episode because she fu-cked Deacon. The scenes will be cheap and repetitive. Some black character will be having some senseless scenes... just so the show can look diverse... without really giving them ANY kind of real story... Shame on you... We will see Carter's body for 10000 time and watch through stupid pseudo love scenes...

Then after 200 episodes of Brooke crying... they will shift to Hope crying and Steffy being bad. 

Cancel this show please.

• Members

YEeeeeeah that Carter/Paris scene was kinda awkward to me. After all that talk, they just did not feel connected.

Hehe. Sheila just could not wait to get in Brooke's face. Oh, well...at least she's not crying.

Shut up, Steffy.