B&B February 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

I've only seen it a couple of times in passing - I saw her in a scene about a week into the role? But I would agree with those that say Hunter who?  I know I read some pretty smug things that she said about not returning to B&B, but really - from what I saw this actress is more likeable and seemed more natural in her delivery than Hunter ever did.  Daytime isn't what it used to be but from what I've seen, this could go down in what remaining history of Daytime that there still is, to be one of the best recasts ever.  I could give examples of great recasts but the ones I think of, the actors or actresses made the role their own or changed it.  To me, this is almost like it's what Taylor should always have been.  Several Dinahs on GL were very very good recasts, but they each did something different with the role.  Ditto with Blakes. Maybe their best recast for me would be Maureen (that will always be Ellen Parker to me - afterward and looking back, Ellen Dolan was not Maureen).  I don't watch GH but I'd say from what I have seen that Cynthia Watros is better on GH than Stafford was (I don't know a ton but from the little I saw, GH got the golden end of that trade).  On World Turns the recast of Frannie a couple of times comes to mind of excellent recasts or replacements, along with most Margos....Dolan might not have been Maureen but was a great Margo.  This one looks like a great recast/job albeit I'm kind of saying it from the outside.

Edited by Fevuh

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I too thought the fight scenes between Ridge and Deacon were decent, and haven't seen a good showdown between 2 males in quite some time. Albeit, "two grandpas" fighting over a 60-year woman. It's usually the women having catfights. The last good recent catfight that stands out to me was from this show as well, Sheila vs Quinn.

Edited by Jeff

• Members

I am fine with them returning Taylor to 90s Taylor in a vacuum but it is pretty clear that if we start listing what 2000s Taylor did - killing Darla, sleeping with Rick, etc - there is too much cognitive dissonance for the retcon they are trying to do.
As for Steffy she has a vocal fanbase and JMW is a teacher's pet so we can't remember that Steffy was a schemer. She is the heroine now.

That being said I will play Devil's Advocate and say I like that Steffy in particular has inherited Stephanie's superiority complex re: Brooke - and that the feud carried generations, even if it is not organic.
It is highly hypocritical but so was the original feud. I mean Stephanie had had Eric raise Massimo's baby at his own and was always scheming and lying. Her hatred of Brooke was understandable but her sentiment she was morally superior was nonsense.
Same here. 
I agree it would be better if more people *on the show* pointed it out but fact is they never did with Stephanie either.

• Members

The thing about Steffy’s indiscretion is that it literally *just* happened. You don’t have to dig 50 years in the past for an example very similar (and actually magnitudes worse, given that the paternity of a child was in question) to what happened with Brooke (a booze-induced romp that betrayed someone’s marriage and Steffy’s own relationship). Yeah, Steffy’s point was that Brooke’s issue was a decades-long pattern, but I just wouldn’t have minded it if Hope was able to call out the hypocrisy more specifically. It’s not a huge deal, all things considered.

• Members

Stephanie's scandal was Bradley's "smart" idea to create a new insta-family of name actors and to be able to create tasteless pairings between the Forrester kids. It was wrong in so many ways and Stephanie was not the character for that type of story.
In the 2000s Stephanie and Taylor tried to outslut Brooke for no real reason.