Y&R February 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

That Stitch-as-bio-father speculation has been circulating for many many months, ever since Stitch was in town last year stalking Abby and holding Mariah captive.

It's just speculation but ...  

Why was Stitch in town? He said it was to go to a retirement party for a former colleague at the hospital, and then he was going back to wherever he was living, and that he had to go back home to be near wherever his son Max was institutionalized.  But then why did Stitch take that colleague's job at the hospital? Had he been around way back when and sneaked into the hospital to mess with the conception or implantion process?  As mentioned above, the *speculation* is that he wanted to replace the child that Abby miscarried.

I hope Dominic is not Stitch's kid.  Stitch's son Max from his first wife, Stitch's sister Kelly (played by Watros and McClain), and his mother Maureen (played by Meredith Baxter), and his dead father *all* had serious mental illness and violence issues.  And then there was Stitch's behavior last year.  The whole family had issues.  The genes are there.

There is no way I want to see Abby raising a violent child.  The character of Abby is too vapid, and M.O. would not be able to handle that.  And the show couldn't write it.  Plus, if this speculation came true, then they'd write Max escaping from the mental institution to kill his baby brother.  All awful.

Edited by janea4old

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Every time a Newman complains that Sally got Summer an amazing job, one that Summer loves, I just roll my eyes so far back in my head. Like literally Summer could quit and come home if this was just the worst thing to ever happen. Hell now she's offering her mom a job. I wish the show would just stop mentioning this.

I'm not familiar with Robert Newman's work on GL but he was fine today. But I also enjoyed Burgi.

• Members

Kidnap you and replace you with a double who rapes your wife?.Forgiven and forgotten

Arrange to have your rival's husband poisoned to frame yours? No worries, in fact it's kind of a turn on for the poisoner and victim who are inching towards each other.

Try to murder the man who ran over your daughter? Go work for him.

Get someone a job that they were free to turn down but chose to take and ended up loving it? Unforgiveable!

• Members

And I don’t think he seemed *that* odd next to AH, but we didn’t have any lovey-dovey stuff yet. 

It’s overkill for someone who hasn’t done anything that horrible. Maybe this is a long play to get viewers to root for Sally—have her horribly mistreated before her inevitable triumph—but it’s not fun to watch, and this is the namesake of Darlene Conley’s Sally Spectra, who could read a bitch for filth! It’s kinda degrading.

• Members

Robert Newman is SO much better than Richard Burgi in this role. Burgi brought good looks, but nothing else. He was clipped, short, emotionless, and never really threatening.

I’ve seen RB play other roles really well, but for some reason, Ashland was never a fit. When I read that he had chemistry with Amelia Heinle, I couldn’t see it.

RN was like a shot in the arm. I call it a very good recast.

• Members

LOL, someone like EB just needs to go on ahead and break that fourth wall and say "Why the hell do we keep talking about this $hit, when I was Summer's age, nobody handed me $hiy, I had to fight for my opportunities. She loves her job. Now would you all kindly shut the hell up about it!"

RN is a true professional. He endured, not just with or without Zimmer, he endured through those Peapack years, still being a viable character and actor, which is no mean feat.