Y&R February 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I am not sure what is worse or more embarrassing, those weird scenes of Billy’s podcast

Please register in order to view this content

or the fact we wasted an appearance of Jill on telling Lily how wonderful she is. Or the fact Billy and Lily gave a presentation in Devon’s home like they’re door to door sales people working for Amway from the 80’s. Triple yikes!

Likewise, Ashley should have been in Phyllis place today in with the scenes of Jack and Traci.

• Members

As I said to @Darn, scheming corporate scion Billy Abbott having a podcast is a perfect example of the creatives at Y&R being so comfortable and easygoing that all they want to do is listen to Jason Thompson - a talented, miscast actor who's not that talented - read the phone book, as the old saying goes. And to think audiences would consider 'Billy does wellness podcasting' a compelling storyline is an example of needing to get out of LA, and the social and mental security and comfort zone that the money a job at that show must offer.

• Members

I’ve seen a podcast used for story that is interesting, but of course this ain’t it. It amazes me that they keep getting these dead end stories approved. They don’t even seem to do those Emmy bait episodes anymore. It’s just nonstop snooze. 

• Members

Honestly the Keemo story feels like a deliberate FU to everyone who mentioned the character in the last 25 years. This is exactly how we didn't want him referenced. They really do not care about the future of this show.