Y&R February 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It’s so one-note. I know she’s a lot and her own worst enemy, but so is Phyllis, and people don’t go around telling her she’s a piece of sh!t all the time. Can’t she have one decent friend? Otherwise just go all out and make her a total rip-roaring bitch.

• Members

Where's Naya and Imani? 

When writers decided to use Devon (and Amanda) as angst and supporting to Abby/Chance romance and baby story, that killed any story for the rest of the Black cast except lily is mostly utilized as Billy's girlfriend. Not only did Naya and Imani disappear, but Nate and Elena also got short changed. 

I'm convinced those babies that play Dominic always wear hats because the show believes they look less white (or more mixed race) with the hat on than off. 

• Members

Abby and Devon's baby would come out pretty white anyway, he's got 3 white grandparents.

Courtney Hope seems lovely but her character and casting make no sense. They didn't utilize her on B&B then cast her on this show with absolutely no plans in place. I mean she's talented sure but did they want to keep her that badly? The character exists to be the town punching bag. And from what I can tell she hasn't done anything that awful. Has she ruined marriages? Kidnapped a baby? Killed a dog?

• Members

This is where I think they should have put the character (and still can if the writers wake up)
Someone who doesn't GAF, is calling all of them out on their hypocrisy and s**t, is not taking no for an answer but is not taking BS either
The same chip on the shoulder the original Sally Spectra had on B&B about being looked down upon and having to struggle while the rich privileged people whined about their problems. And a willingness to get dirty to lift herself even with them because she can talk herself into justifying scheming for a "good cause" against "bad people".

Instead they constantly are going back and forth whether they want her to be an ingenue or a schemer and they never take the time to give her a consistent motive - even though it was right there for the taking from her early B&B appearances (B&B also lost that side of the plot but it would have been enough to pick the Spectra-clan-will-show-the-world thing back up)