Sisters Fighting Over a Guy

• Members

A common soap storyline is sisters fighting over a guy. That element also has a biblical allusion (Rachel/Leah). Which soap storylines of sisters fighting over a guy from current or former daytime or primetime soaps are the favorites of this board?

Edited by kalbir

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't know whether this qualifies, but I've always been fascinated by how Bill Bell and Kay Alden handled both the Brad/Leslie/Lorie and the Lance/Lorie/Leslie/Lucas storylines on Y&R.  It seems like there was so much more going on underneath than just two sisters going gaga for the same guy.

• Members

One interesting Y&R quad that never gets enough credit is the Neil/Du/Nathan/Olivia quad which was interesting because Olivia was the older and more intellectual sister but was always interested in Dru’s men, even when she snagged Wesley Carter in 2003 lol. 

I think Rosanna/Mike/Carly on ATWT was pretty significant as well…it definitely livened up a dreadfully dull couple that was Mike & Rosanna and ended up giving us ATWT’s most prominent leading lady for the next 15 years. 

Finally can’t forget the ups and downs of Vicky/Jake/Marley on AW in the course of a a 14 year period either. 

You must have forgotten the time Thomas and RJ quarreled over Vinny on B&B. Psych JK LMAO

Please register in order to view this content

• Webmaster

That would require more than two gay people on a show at a time, and a show willing to let two brothers be gay at the same time. Maybe on a new soap. Not any current ones. Although...I could see it if they did step brothers competing for another guy but that would require a step family to be a real family and not a plot point because they can't find out what to do with two older adult characters.

• Members

I don't know. All the actors were fantastic and the characters compelling but I think one reason the merry-go-round first with Nathan in the fourth position then Malcolm leaves people more ambivalent than it deserves is because it often felt it was more about keeping the "Black Island" together away from the rest of the cast and being afraid of throwing these characters in a different direction.

Vicki deciding her great love was the man who raped her sister - and said sister suddenly deciding her great love was the man who had raped her and that she hadn't see in years is a down I'd like to forget, admittedly.

• Members

It's sad soaps are still behind the times. Two guys that I know are gay and brothers. Good thing they don't have the same taste in men because I can see them fighting over one.

I don't watch B&B anymore. Do you have a clip?

• Members

Yeah I think the Nathan recasts killed the momentum and I actually recently found SOD wrote a very nasty scathing critique about the Nathan/Olivia/Lillie Belle story. 

Malcolm should have been given his own agenda yet was given that crappy “high on cough syrup” story. It’s tragic because B&B did the exact same trashy story for Ridge & Brooke 12 years later minus pregnancy and yet no one batted an eye. 

As for AW I was thinking more along the lines of pre-Marley rape tbh but by 1997 Jake and Vicky were far better than the alternatives. I definitely didn’t care for baths!t talk to the mirror Marley obsess over Jake again for no explicable reason. The Marley rape was written without the foresight that Tom Eplin would renew his contract and of course it suffered of that idiocy. 

Lol I was being facetious….B&B would never feature that. The last gay story B&B did was Vinny killing himself by jumping in front of Liam’s care because he loved Thomas and wanted him to reunite with Hope