B&B January 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't get why B&B can't just run six or so storylines  that run at least 6-9 months, instead of rushing through about two simultaneous show consuming plots for three months straight, having a dull period, then moving on to another.

For example $ Bill warring with Justin for control of Spencer Publications would still be going on if written properly. 

I didn't make Paris out to be a player, I wonder what direction they're going to take the character in next?

Edited by ironlion

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The really bad pacing is especially bizarre because 30-min shows abroad do just fine balancing stories and always have a A-story climaxing while B-story is progressing and C-story is being set up.

THAT being said, I think it has to do with the production model. For the balance I see in foreign soaps to work you need to be able to have characters come popping in an episode for one 2-min scene here and a 5-min scene there until the crux of the story gets you full time.
US production model - both in terms of scheduling shoots on certain days for each actor AND being paid by episode - means it doesn't make financial sense. Each episode cast needs to be small and pre-set which is why we get a lot of repetitive dialogue and scenes.

Both in terms of contract - letting actors take on other projects while being willing to come back to the show -, in terms of how they schedule and film scenes and the payment structure, they would be to rethink everything to give themselves more leeway to write things differently

• Members

That's a good point. They shoot 8 shows a week and it probably makes more financial sense to have the same actors come in all week and keep the same sets standing. It makes for an extremely boring and repetitive show but ya know $$$.

• Members

Oddly it seems to work? Moreso the first one which appears to be a rustic ladder in the background. The second one not sure about the yellow tape. But overall the "background" works for me, in a cheap, creative way I suppose, would like to see more. Yes, that is one way to save money!

Edited by Jeff