B&B January 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

I hear what you are saying if this was real life but think of it as Brooke/Stephanie. How many times did we get moments of peace between them in between all-out warfare? Plenty!

That's why I said I liked the fundamental relationship between them. There are enough bonds to keep them in each other's life that they want to get along but the fact is they don't and the baggage between them personally and between their immediate family inevitably puts them at odds time and time again even when they are trying not to.
It is complicated and it is not black and white and neither of them is innocent and when the tension flares up again for an organic reason other than Liam, I find it interesting to watch.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I haven't seen it in ages but did pass by a couple of weeks ago and saw the "new" Taylor I guess and thought - wow, what an improvement.  I know people probably wouldn't like that, but this girl seemed like Taylor to me - looked the part, and looked like Steffy, and was better in the role for the 3 or 4 minutes I left it on.  From what I remember Hunter Tylo said some off-handed things - maybe rightly so but kind of seemed like slammed the door on the show, wasn't happy with her returns.  Maybe rightly so, but it smacked of a backhand that you probably shouldn't give unless you don't plan on working again.  I don't see any show standing in line to get her, so hopefully she's set financially and wants to be a Housewife of whatever (is she on that or am I thinking of Lisa Rinna???) - anyway, those shows are interchangeable and honestly so are those 2 actresses.  

• Members

One thing I would fix right away if I was head writing the show is the self righteousness hypocrisy of Steffy and all her “Logan Hating” that’s  plagued  the  show for years already. Its like Taylor and Steffy are portrayed to be so “perfect” and are not allowed to be called out for what they’ve done…I just can’t with this petty Forrester vs Logan B.S…

• Members

1-11

SHUT UP, HOPE. I hope Steffy gathers her with the quickness.

On one hand, I love seeing Cassandra as Paris's mom. She has not aged a day to me. I liked her on ATWT. And it's already intriguing how they referenced Zoe through her and it's clear she seem mad at Carter. However, I don't want 'force newbie down audience's throat' on the other hand.

Brooke's unraveling continues to be fascinating and oh so soapy to watch. 'But you were alone.' Then...FLASHBACK. Then...focus on Brooke's face. I holler. 

And Dollar Bill suuuuuure was looking good in those jeans. Woof. 

• Members

This is pretty bad regressive writing on Thudley’s part. Steffy for the last three years has largely developed a lot of character growth getting away from Liam. In fact wasn’t it just recently that Steffy and Hope said they were glad they didn’t act like their mothers? Steffy “declaring war on the Logan’s!” sounds like a bad plot line from 2009 or something. And it causes Steffy a reset in that character growth.

If anything, Steffy should be doing the opposite and pushing Taylor to be a brand new “Taylor”. Have Taylor be Carter’s next hook-up or something fun like that. 

• Members

The writing on the wall was there as soon as Taylor returned...Thudley probably thinks he's making up for lost time now since the show was basically free of any "Forrester vs Logan" stuff for at least the last 10 years now. It really does regress Steffy, who's never gonna be my favorite character, but she's definitely showed some growth ever since she returned in 2015. I actually liked the first few years when it was just her, and Hope wasn't in the picture, likewise when Steffy first left in 2013, and Hope was the only one there till Kim Matula left in 2014.  Minus the hypocrisy, I could never really enjoy their rivalry because Steffy basically resorted to cliche' "mean girl antics" to punish Hope, when her only fault back then was being Brooke's daughter...

• Members

Hunter made it abundantly clear on social media (before she quit) that she had no desire to return to the show and didn't care at all if they recast. It was pretty evident she was done and told them they could do whatever they wanted with Taylor.

• Members

I noticed that the show or CBS may have changed their commercial breaks during the show or how the show airs somehow. B&B for as long as I can remember always ended at 1:55 with a long commercial break before closing credits, but today it ended at 1:57. Anyone else notice this?