B&B January 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

All I remember about Paris is her singing the national anthem at a Dodgers game and some dude was on his smartphone in the background while she was singing. Trust me, I don't understand the infatuation either. I don't get it.

• Members

1-25

Talk about a cliffhanger Friday!!!!

Carter and Paris kissing and her mom there in the door (and CC's reaction shot of shock and anger) was the thing of great soap moments. And filmed well, too.

Then you had Sheila finding out about the Deacon/Brooke kiss. And the cat who ate the canary look on her face.

And then...it's out! Douglas's revelation that it was Deacon. And the filming for that was excellent. It was a good ole soap reveal. Just le sigh. 

Great job. 

• Members

I agree about the hyperfocus on on a single or at the most 2 plots at a time.

I disagree though with the notion that the half hour format is cause of it. It's a matter of the show not knowing how to make the most of the time they have (though I'd take 22 over 18 mins). I don't think soaps should have even should've expanded to an hour in the first place. 

Edited by ironlion

• Members

Ugh. Pre-coffee brain. I meant wasn't there a time when they balanced several stories at once with good flow. Or is it just the team Brad has that did all that and with some of them gone, it's just showing. My mind immediately goes as far back as when Dax Griffin was on the show in terms of multiple plots, but I want to say perhaps when Maya was around scheming was the last time. 

I agree. CoVid has not helped I'm sure.

• Members

What I love about B&B is that it’s super easy to keep up with and catch up with, episodes averaging 20 minutes with ads on Paramount. What I don’t love is characters having the same scene written three slightly different ways in the same episode. I’m always saying to the screen, “You just said that!”

I agree that Paris’ mom going in on Carter was good. And @Noel lol at dude being on his smartphone while Paris sang the anthem. I gave my vote for Paris and Carter on here months ago. My concern is that this show won’t know what to do with them if officially paired. I haven’t been watching consistently for all that long, but it seems like the only way they can make Carter interesting is to put him in some forbidden romance. Look how quickly he and Katie were dropped before they’d even been picked up. And with Zoe gone, they need to bring another woman into the mix. Zende is approaching character I’d drop status.

How cute is Douglas? “Aunt Steffy, you wanted to see me?” Liam makes me gag when he plays hip understanding stepdad.

• Members

The hyperfocus on two...and sometimes only one...story do hamper the show quite a bit. Stories were much more balanced in the 80s and 90s. Even on a thirty minute show there's a way to spread out the story to utilize more of the cast. Much of B&B is characters simply repeating the same dialogue over and over. Often, there's just one storyline happening and it's all anyone can talk about. When you're not into THAT story, there's no reason to watch.

I've been watching on of the British soaps, Hollyoaks for a few months. It's a half-hour show, but there's probably at least 35 characters and many stories happening at once which makes you not want to miss an episode.