• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Quinn must be hanging out with Bill and Katie and Flo and Wyatt 

Please register in order to view this content

This cycling in and out of characters is such a strange way to run a soap. I don't understand how it works. What are Rena Sofer, Don Diamont, etc. doing right now? Just staying home? Do they get paid something at least? 

• Members

I am glad Brooke didn't sleep with Deacon but it kinda lessens the stakes here.

Considering that Ridge was smooching Quinn not so long ago and that Brooke was drunk and that Ridge was already inclined to believe the worst of Deacon and therefore blame *him*, that Brooke is so scared of telling Ridge is another example of fake drama

• Members

In the past Brooke has done 100000 things that are WAY more problematic than this kiss on NY with Deacon and back then she didn't cry for 25 episodes straight after. She would cry for 2 episode and then [!@#$%^&*] everything up even more. What is this fake drama... Ridge has married one of the biggest sluts in world history... so he will leave her after a kiss... Yeah, right. She should have collapsed drunk and thought that the man she was having sex was... in the night... was Ridge... Then she wakes up and it's Deacon. It would have been a repeat but better than this boring [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

I think these soaps are being relatively more careful about sexual situations than could be construed as rape (like Nina and Sonny not doing the do on GH while he had amnesia). I do understand her concern considering how over the top Ridge had recently been about Deacon. It’s a hard situation to explain away, and he probably wouldn’t believe it was just a kiss. But I agree somewhat. Lots of stories being dragged out with filler. I get that it’s likely a budget thing.

• Members

Ironically this would have had more bite to me if they had used to further the Hope vs Ridge dilemna rather than portray it as "cheating" guilt.
It was only a kiss. But if Hope had found out quickly and begged her mom not to say anything lest Ridge really bans Deacon or something, playing into the already dilemna for Brooke, it would have felt like a real tough choice for Brooke.
This, as much as I am enjoying how KKL is playing this storyline, feels a bit hollow coz I don't buy the stakes.

• Members

We know it was just a kiss. Ridge does not and would have every reason to doubt it, given how out of it Brooke was that night. And he’d been such an @sshole regarding having Deacon even show up at their house. I dunno. I have issues with the way the story is being told, but I buy Brooke’s dilemma.

(Especially combined with falling off the wagon—the idea that Deacon’s presence in her life contributed to that, when unbeknownst to her, her drink was spiked. Again, there’s a lot there that makes me go uhhh, but the emotional drama I don’t have a problem with, aside from the repetitive nature of the scenes, which is a global problem on B&B.)