Days of Our Lives: December 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

He is younger than GV but older than JJ.  Here's my thing-JKJ is having enough trouble playing a character he (practically) originated 20 plus years ago.  I don't think he can take on someone else's iconic character.  I know the writing is awful for Phillip, but JkJ is not exactly hitting the mark with his acting choices.

• Members

A mess.  But JJ did those weird greasy bangs and watery eyes as Lucky, so that wouldn't exclusively rule him out for me.  Many other factors would lol

I saw that too.  I assumed SBu was older, but he played a teen in the early 90's while JKJ played at teen in the early 2000's so I figured there was a larger gap in age.  SBu looks like he is an entirely different person from 1997.  His neck alone is three times the size.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I think Steve Burton has a bit of toxic masculinity. He presents as peaceful but he bulked up like he's ready for a fight and some of his personal views are questionable to me. The anti-vaxx stuff, chumming with Tucker Carlson, looking like he's high on roids all the time.

He seems angry, I hope he can let it go because he seems like an alright guy outside of that stuff.

I don't think he's attractive at all anymore. He was never my type but I could see why others thought he was hot. Now? He looks buff and malnourished at the same time. It's weird.

• Members

I used to think Jax, Sonny, and Jason were so hot in the 90's.  None of them aged particularly well.  Ingo probably looks the best still, but he's Ingo so that excludes him from being hot.  I think it would help if Steve found a happy medium between his super skinny 90's look and his roided out look.  Comparing SBu and Ingo to Days stars like GV and EM there is no contest.  The Days guys look much better.   MB is quite a bit older and I like the grey, but he was so good looking and charming back in the day and that is gone now.  I do think a lot of the stories and behind the scenes stuff have made all of them less likable to me over the years.  MB is making a comeback into my good graces with his book and his you tube show.  He comes across as a decent guy.

• Members

Apparently in todays episode everyone gets a chance with the Salem brain. Belle figures out Brady is being set up, Steve figures out that MarDevil is going to free Jan, and even Tripp was smart to play it cool when he came upon Marlena and Jan.

I’m getting some weird vibes from these Kate and Philip scenes. Kate has gone from being 100% on Philips side to now appearing very concerned that her son Philip has a serious problem and has gone off the deep end. I won’t hold my breath that the show will follow through with Philip’s apparent and obvious mental issues, but they are being written pretty good today in a overall poor storyline.

MarDevil knocks out another person with that hospital tray SMH this is getting tiresome.

• Members

Phillip needs some psychological help. I imagine once Marlena is no longer possessed, she’ll end up being his doctor and curing him. I felt bad for Kate trying to get through to her son.

Today was a pretty entertaining episode. I always like Jan pop ins.