Y&R - RIP Jerry Douglas (John Abbott)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Very sorry for his loved ones and so many who worked with him at Y&R. I never had much use for John Abbott as a character, but Jerry was a very warm presence who had a great deal of easy chemistry with those around him, especially the Abbott kids. Many lovely moments with Beth Maitland and Eileen Davidson and Brenda Epperson are in my head as I type this. I still remember the twinkle in his eye as he smiled. 

• YRfan23 changed the title to Y&R - RIP Jerry Douglas (John Abbott)
  • Members

Wow I’m very sorry to hear this!!!

Please register in order to view this content

Jerry Douglas was definitely the father and wise sage figure of the show for so many years as John Abbott I had always figured that the Latham regime was too quick to kill off John like they did. John may have come off as too stern/rigid and complicated at times but Douglas always exuded such warmth with the Abbott family it was also hard not to like him. 

thanks for sharing @BoldRestless it’s too bad we never got a final John & Dina scene for some sort of true closure

RIP Jerry.

• Members

Killing off John Abbott was the worst thing Y&R ever did and it marked the end of an era. Y&R has not been the same ever since then.

RIP Jerry Douglas and thank you for the 24 years you were the heart of the Abbott family.

Edited by kalbir