B&B: Bold from the beginning

• Members

Stuart Brooks didn't carry a cane, lol.

I guess the main difference is that Stuart had four daughters to focus on, while Bill Spencer only had one.  In the first episode of Y&R, we saw Stuart Brooks making an unexpectedly kind gesture toward a stranger (buying the mysterious, destitute young man's lunch at Pierre's) while also badgering and grilling another young man (Snapper).   So while we immediately thought of Stuart as overprotective toward Chris (and suspicious of Snapper), we also saw him as open and trusting of Brad, who would ultimately become the beau of Leslie.  We were seeing multiple sides of Stuart Brooks from Day One, unlike Bill Spencer, who seemed fixated only on one object (Caroline) in the first episode of B&B.  That situation never changed much.    

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@Broderick Thanks for the insights. I noticed a few similarities w/ Stuart and Bill as far as storylines go:

Stuart was a newspaper publisher. Bill was a magazine publisher.

Stuart was suspicious of Snapper. Bill was suspicious of Ridge.

Stuart exposed Snapper's cheating to Chris. Bill exposed Ridge's cheating to Caroline.

Stuart preferred Greg for Chris instead of Snapper. Bill preferred Thorne for Caroline instead of Ridge.

• Members

Well for example, IMDB has Rosemarie Thomas listed on April 7 1987 (in credits April 8 1987), but then on April 22 1987 (in credits April 22 1987) they have Carla Herd (Sands). Then again on June 22 1987 we are back to Rosemarie Thomas. And again on July 14 1987, we have Carla back and July 17 is back to Rosemarie, with Carla back again onwards.

Maybe it is just an error on imdb, because I do not see anyone listed for Alex around June 22 or July 17, even though she appears. And then again in August we are back to Carla Herd in the credits.

• Members

Very bizarre, as I am revisiting these episodes, I only remember seeing Carla Herd (aka Carla Sands) in the role. I have never seen a Rosemarie Thomas in the role of Alex.

Not only do I believe that IMDB contains an error, but other sites have obviously gotten their erroneous information from IMDB. https://theboldandthebeautiful.fandom.com/wiki/Alex_Simpson

Is there an actual photo of Thomas in the role? I can't find any. Or any photos of the actress so we can compare and see if there is some resemblance to Herd?

The Wiki entry doesn't even seem to list Herd, which is very bizarre.

EDT. Lord, is Carla Sands running for Senate now?!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Watching the season 2 episodes, I'd forgotten that Donna was the one to get her dad Stephen to come home.

Donna in the early years was an even mix of Brooke and Katie.  She led Rocco, Nick, and Mark on...like Brooke would do with Ridge,etc...but she had a sweet side like Katie.

Shame the show put all their eggs in Brooke's basket when I found her character limiting.

• Members

I know, very confusing. I was looking so hard to see the difference between the actresses, but it was difficult. 

There is Rosemarie Thomas in the actual credits of the show as Alex in this episode. So maybe she was just there for a few episodes and then Carla Herd/Sands took over permanently, but imdb messed it up?

• Members

I don't know I saw this when I was first doing episode aircount from imdb and I noticed this confusion with Rosemarie and Carla. Then I started watching B/B from the beginning and for me, the actress always looked the same to me, but in the credits they had two different names in different episodes. So I was confused  

Edited by Manny

• Members

People on YouTube have pointed out a few times when there were errors in the opening and closing credits. Like, recently, months after the actor who played Dave (Brooke's former fiance) left the canvas and was no longer appearing in the opening, suddenly popped up again. Or them mixing up a character name and real life names.

Yeah, to me it looks like exactly the same actress consistently throughout.

• Members

Other than Susan Flannery, Johnson was the second best actor on that show in those early seasons.

Okay, I'm getting frustrated with the B&B YouTube channel posting chopped up episodes. They actually missed the scene that featured the first slap Stephanie ever gave Brooke?! That's simply unacceptable! 

Okay, don't be mad y'all and I know this has been asked a hundred times now but which way to the Vault? 

I promise to bookmark it this time, but I need to see that episode properly, not the jumble of chopped up scenes presented on the B&B YouTube channel, which must by run by unpaid interns and volunteers.