B&B: Bold from the beginning

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Team Caroline by far.. I am not as far in watching as all of you are, but Brooke's reasoning and actions are just not right, IMO. Then again, I hate Ridge and I would never want to see Caroline with him, so I guess Brooke and Ridge can be together... 

• Members

Can I ask how did you see Bill's actions as manipulation? I am curious since I have seen many people say this and I just don't see it.

Also, you do not list Ridge as someone how hurt her and she trusted him a lot. 

• Members

Bill exposed Ridge's cheating to Caroline just before the wedding and then pushed her towards Thorne, whom she didn't really love. That's pretty manipulative to me. 

Yes, Ridge did hurt Caroline but I didn't list him as his actions weren't manipulative in the way Bill and Brooke were.

• Members

LOL, yeah, that would be a dead give away!

Yes, it was Ridge's obvious similarities to Don Juan that took me down the rabbit hole (especially when the show started repeatedly mentioning his "little black book"). And then as I was preparing a lecture om Mozart I revisited a couple of scenes from the opera and I suddenly started seeing B&B characters in all the roles and it was an eerily good fit.

• Members

I expected to be Team Brooke, as I always have been, but watching these early episodes really opened my eyes. She's very bold in her choices and I wish they'd retained her assertiveness from these early episodes. She knows her choices aren't always right, but there is always a reason that makes it worth it in her eyes. That's easier to take than her current crying because she slipped in another mans lap.

• Members

I agree that Bill's timing was terrible. He should have told her the news earlier (as soon as he found out himself, I would say). But I guess I don't see that as a manipulation. I would be grateful to my father if he uncovered the truth that my partner/spouse was unfaithful to me.

He was pushing for Thorne to get with Caroline, sure, but it was finally Caroline who chose to be with Thorne, even though she clearly did not love him (at least not the same way she loved Ridge).