B&B: Bold from the beginning

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

If I hear Bill Spencer refer to Stephanie as a very sensual woman, or Margo as a very sensual woman one more time...

I swear he even said something to the effect of "Well obviously he's a sensual person..." when referring to Mick Savage.

Please register in order to view this content

The writing is wasting Jim Storm's abilities at this point.

• Members

Agreed that they totally wasted the character and the possibilities for conflict.  It makes so much more sense that the Forresters would be concerned about reviews in the press rather than competition from other fashion houses, or knock-off firms.  The press can make or break the reputation of a high fashion company, and it is a shame that B&B has rarely capitalized that source of conflict. 

I mean Versace doesn't care if someone if knocking off their prints at TJ Maxx (despite that one scene in House of Gucci), but they put a lot of resources into getting good press at WWD, W, and Vogue.

That being said, it also feels like a missed opportunity that they've never done a story about licensing agreements.  Halston and Bill Blass lost so much clout when their licenses were sold to lower price manufacturers, and I think that is an easy concept to convey to an audience.  So, it seems like a shame that there was never a story about someone trying to make a Logan perfume.  Rather than the unrealistic stories about them spinning off their own teen and swimwear divisions, it should have been how to hold onto the FC image in an expanded market.

• Members

Until recently, I would say this was the case. Over the past several years, though, luxury brands have been really vocal about their contempt for counterfeiters.

https://jingdaily.com/lvmh-lawsuit-chinese-against-counterfeiters/

I am even seeing stories that some brands are looking to incorporate block chain to try to thwart the counterfeiters. Don't ask me how that works.

I do agree that, there should have been at least one court case, possibly involving Forrester Creations vs. Spectra over a collection or some design. Then again, B&B is absurd in the myriad ways it chooses to ignore many obvious aspects of the fashion industry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Having missed certain storylines, particularly going into 1990, would it be a fair guess that the introduction of Mick Savage marks the beginning of the exit storyline for Kristen? It’s beginning to feel rushed in certain aspects. For some reason it almost feels like the show doesn’t have enough time to build stronger chemistry between Kristen and Mick, which is somewhat odd because I felt as if I saw chemistry between Margo and Mick in the first scene where it was just the two of them. And I saw chemistry between Macy and Mick almost immediately but don’t see much of it between Kristen and Mick. Maybe that changes at some point?

• Members

I agree there's not a lot of chemistry between Kristen and Mick. But it seems to me Mick is a short term character and was never intended to be a romantic lead. He was needed to move the plot along. I think the show needed to cut Clarke away from Forrester and align him firmly with the Spectras in order to set up a long term rivalry between the two fashion houses. Having Kristen dump him for Mick achieved that, and gave Clarke a bitterness towards the Forresters that he wouldn't have had if he had been the one to cheat.

Mick also served a secondary purpose in developing Macy's character and bringing Sally and Macy closer together. (Especially Macy having her heart broken by him was important because it both paved the way for her and Thorne, and made her rely heavily on her mother for comfort - possibly Macy's two most character-defining factors.)

• Members

Yes, that makes sense @Videnbas.

It’s kind of “plotty” though, in the sense that so many plot points are predicated on this relationship happening between two characters that don’t seem to have much romantic chemistry. What a tenuous link. I guess with Grease’s popularity, it was likely seen as a coup in getting Conaway, so they had to try to make it work with the two principle characters who were supposed to be still carrying a torch for one another. It’s kind of dubious  though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Continuing my post from page 17 ...

Contract Changes between episodes 501 and 630:
Note: Full closing credits are not shown regularly. Usually, they appear every 5th episode, but sometimes there aren't any credits for up to 10 episodes.

Episode 509:

• Josef Rainer – Dr. Todd Powell (added)

Episode 524:

• Judith Borne – Angela (removed)
  • Bobbie Eakes – Macy Alexander (added)
  • Josef Rainer – Dr. Todd Powell (removed)

Episode 544:

• Jeff Conaway – Mick Savage (added)

Episode 624:

• Judith Borne – Angela (re-added)
  • Schae Harrison – Darla (added)
  • Clayton Norcross – Thorne Forrester #1 (removed)
  • Jeff Trachta – Thorne Forrester #2 (added)

Episode 630:

• Karen Moncrieff – Dr. Michelle Brookner (added)