Days: Role Recast

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Sort of agree.  I have accepted Isabel Durant in the role as Claire, but Olivia Rose Keegan was so much better.   Plus Isabel is 29, 8 yrs older than now 21 yr. old Keegan. 

I've read that is exactly the reason she left DAYS, and that she actually got that job BEFORE DAYS, but due to the Covid 19 pandemic, she was allowed to sign with DAYS because the sitcom was put on hold.   I think Precious Way is a very good actress, and do NOT get the hate some people have for her.  I think it may be her storyline which I agree has been all OVER the place.    The new actress, Raven Bowens, resembles Way with straight hair.  I hope she's as good in the role as Precious Way is. 

Edited by David_Vickers
left out remark

• Members

Yeah, ORK was pushing it as far as looking too old to be Belle/Shawn's daughter.  ID looks way too old.  I think ID's performance becomes bland because she's working so hard to conceal her accent.  I saw her do some stuff on the Days app as herself and she was very likable and entertaining.  

I like Precious Way and I think it was clear with her other projects this was going to be a short term gig.  My only complaint about PW is she delivers her lines in a very sing-songy way a lot.  Her delivery is weird sometimes.  But I think she definitely is charismatic.  Raven Bowens so far looks like a fit for the part.  Hopefully she works out.

• Members

It's not so much that she's leveled her as she's turned her into a beige lump of clay. Her Australian accent is screaming to come out. I didn't realize ORK was that young, but even she was too old... SORASing gets weird when it's kids of SORASed kids.

• Members

I totally agree. Isabel is not a bad actress but her Claire is lifeless. I think they aged her up to be able to pair her with RSW and others but she is way too old for the character. All of this being said, I can't blame Isabel entirely. The recent writing for the character has intentionally tried to "normalize" Claire and take away her fun, crazy side to make her more "viable" so it's a combination of the writing and the casting that isn't working IMO.

Edited by alexisfan07

• Members

I liked her too and thought she did well with her screen partners in general.  Sometimes she just would act so cutesy, but I think this is/was her first tv job so she had time to improve.   She definitely had enough it factor to keep around for awhile, but I guess that's the gamble Days took when they knew she had something else booked that was just pushed back.