DAYS/DOOL: Another Horton Exits Salem

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh lord. Even for Raven that is a reach. It's entirely possible these things could be connected but as it is we know absolutely nothing about this actor's current condition or the IRL reasons behind her exit. It's one thing to speculate, but it's irresponsible for people to assume they know. Next they'll be saying they could tell by the look in Suzanne Rogers' eye to Camera 3 that her body was failing her.

Edited by Vee

• Members

WTF?!?  The character was really problematic but this is random af.  Sarah was shoved down our throats from her (re)intro. to about halfway through 2020 and they did not capitalize on her Horton legacy status, but I think LG is really talented and was, by far, the star of the baby switch.  I will miss the actress, if not the character . . . but it feels very irresponsible to ditch a character who was relentlessly positioned to be the ("young"ish) center of the show for so long.  Between VK's sorta recurring status and ID's very lackluster turn as nuClaire, I'm sure hoping they've locked down MM so Abby can represent the younger Horton female portion of the show that's so necessary.  At least we definitely seem to have a real asset with LA as Allie, unless she randomly gets dropped.  They have GOT to get a better handle on keeping cast consistency . . . this revolving door has become so insane and very damaging to the continuity of the show.

• Members

This is my reaction too. Which makes me think that people probably have it right to speculate it might have to do with her rather than the show.

I didn't care much for Sarah as a character but I love LG. She gave great life to B&B's Caroline even in the fact of ridiculously inconsistent writing and I hope to see her again on Days or any other show that scoops her (don't get me started on B&B killing her character off off-screen long after she had already been written out but that's another thread).

• Members

Since she has recently spoken out on her Mental Health Issues, I wonder if her exit is to give her time to get the therapy and treatment she needs.  I do wish her well.  I hate that we are losing another Horton though. The Horton's and the Brady's this generation should be the core families of the show.

• Members

GAWD NO

I will miss LG. She brought energy to the role and any story she was in. I’ll also miss her and Xander as a couple; they were unlike any of the recently paired couples on the show. I don’t believe RC really planned for those two to take off as a pairing the way they did. 

Her acting ticks aside, overall I thought she was a good actress and there’s going to be a void on the canvas in her absence.