Days: 2/22/2021 Weekly Preview

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah. I've seen a lot of posts and comments in a lot of places. Some people want Charlie gone, but want MM to stay. Some want Charlie completely redeemed, but most agree that he was a really good actor that's been wasted.

And yes, I find him hot lol but I would still think that MM was wasted even if I wasn't attracted to him. For me, it does depends on the acting too. I've always thought RSW was hot af but if Ben was killed off tomorrow, I wouldn't shed a tear.

• Members

You've got a point. Although Mike Manning is 33. And I think he's consistently made acting choices which have elevated the material.

I'm just disappointed because DAYS had a chance to keep an interesting, multi-faceted villain on the canvas, someone whose villainy is easy to understand because the show has taken the time to place it in a relatively realistic psychological context. Compare that with a character like Christian/Evan, who's now back on the show and is also played by a good-looking, fairly talented actor, but whose behavior is near-incomprehensible to me; that character seems to only be a villain when the plot twists demand it. 

• Members

I wish they were keeping Charlie around. There is plenty of story they could tell with him. There's plenty to write just with him being the father of Allie's child. Let's have him try to get some sort of custody. Let's have Sami come back to town and rip into him. Let's have a rivalry with him and Tripp. Let's find out who his dad is. Let's do something with him and Gwen. There's so much they could have done still. Yet, he's gone and we get to watch Ben's psychic connection with Ciara instead.

• Members

Well, I’ve already shared my belief about Charlie (and Evan), but all this just happened way too quickly. 

Instead of doing these mini stories like with Jan, they could have stretched out these longer running stories a little more.

Rushing something always ruin it in most mediums, not just on daytime soaps. 

• Members

I don't mind Charlie being killed off (kind of tired of them trying to redeem bad people, hi Ben), but the set up could've been much stronger if they wanted a murder mystery. It's like they just remembered that MM only had a day left on his contract and they ended up having to set it up within an episode. As other people have said, they could've expanded it into a custody fight and have him piss off even more characters.