B&B: February 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

LOL!!! We finally saw the rest of the cast today including annoying Zoe. Ugh. B&B really has a skeleton cast at the moment and it’s weird there is no B story at all.

Actually today’s ep was a little weird as Y&R’s ep today in the US had Bill in Genoa City already while on B&B Bill was announcing to Wyatt & Flo he was going to GC...I’m wondering if B&B is still a day or two behind following the Impeachment trial. 

Oddly Kelly Kruger made a random appearance as the publicist lady again, I’d rather have her back on Y&R as Mac would be better than some current Y&R ladies at the moment.

Vinny is motivated by love of Thomas of course!

Please register in order to view this content

Shades of Reese Buckingham all over again who partly switched babies because of Brooke’s behavior towards Taylor, but we did not get Wayne Brady & Tylo back to deal with that aspect of the fallout at all. 

• Members

Isn't that how the character is written, more than anything AN is doing herself, though?

To me, the lamest part of the Liam/Hope/Steffy is not how unending it is but that it exactly mirrors the Taylor/Brooke/Ridge dynamic.
Taylor later became less saintly but during the height of the triangle she was... earnest and annoying like Hope. And Steffy's vibrancy mirrors Brooke's.
I mean, inverting the daughters from the mothers when it all started was a fun idea but now, ten years later, we are still on that basic dynamic and it is lazy.

• Members

I’m so tired of Hope being the wronged/battered wife while Steffy is the jezebel who cant keep her legs closed. All the while Liam skates again. Bill has zero investment in Steffy/Finn. He’s just using Finn as a prop to simmer down people tired of the before mentioned triangle. Someway somehow Finn will be the bad guy in this story. Either it will be because he drives a wedge between Steffy and Liam parenting or he turns out not to be a nice guy all the while Liam will get to be the hero and forgiven again. 

Edited by Soap-princess

• Members

Well, as I said earlier, Bell is clearly relying on the trick of switching Taylor/Brooke with Hope/Steffy and reproducing the Ridge triangle with Liam instead of relying on the fact both Annika and Jacqueline are strong actresses and have tried to give their characters layers.
It is just so much easier to write the same dynamic he has been writing for thirty years instead.